AOL user ... banned? by psoTFX

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Post by Guest » Sun May 25, 2003 4:03 pm

20 May 2003
Unfortunately an AOL user (almost certainly the same one whose account on Roadrunner we had suspended) is continuing to spam our boards requesting obscene material.

AOL have now been contacted four seperate times. They have not acted in over a week. This is unacceptable for an "ISP" such as they claim to be. Therefore we have no choice but to put in place IP bans as and when necessary.

Should the spamming continue we will be forced to ban all AOL IP's. Of course we may also be forced to contact the relevant police authorities given the nature of the postings.

We appologise to the majority of AOL regulars here who behave correctly. All I can suggest is that you also contact AOL and ask they take action to address this issue.

Post by Guest » Sun May 25, 2003 4:18 pm

This doesn't sound very pretty...
I'm wating for a reply from my host (Apollo hosting).
I'll keep you informed guys.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun May 25, 2003 7:40 pm

Eek! That really doesn't sound nice... Fortunately, I've never run into anything bad here yet... thank you, kind moderators!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

Post by Guest » Mon May 26, 2003 4:28 am

Due to a conflict between AOL and phpBB, the AOL users are not always able to login or post anything on this forum (powered by phpBB as you can see below).
My host, Apollo Hosting and myself can not do anything about it.
This conflict was started by abusive AOL users. Those users have been banned from ALL phpBB forums and unfortunately many other decent AOL users too.
I'll keep checking.
Thanks, Sam, for your support!