What did everyone do for Halloween?

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

EIwing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

What did everyone do for Halloween?

Post by EIwing » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:34 am

Halloween is my favorite holiday, mainly for the candy and the costumes.

What did everyone do for it?
Who do you think I'll be without you?

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:01 pm

It isn't a real big thing "yet" in the Netherlands..
you could only tell it was Halloween by some scary
movies on the TV. we didn't do something. :(
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:36 pm

Hey,
We took Jon-Michael (excuse me - Mickey Mouse) house to house in my old neighborhood - knocking on the same doors his dear ole pappy used to knock on.
We got a ton of candy, and Julie and I are helping Mickey to get rid of it.
We also went to the church party where Jon-Michael chased Eric Parker's daughter around the room - they both were shrieking with glee. He takes after his old man! :)
Steve
8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:44 pm

I practiced. :P
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:31 pm

I borrowed a friend's kendo uniform so I could be a Bleach Death God Captain and basically hung out in it. A few friends and I kind of went trick-or-treating (in the dark and rain - we're hardcore, man!!), but they were running out of candy for little kids, so we decided to stop because we felt guilty. So basically, aside from that brief period of trick-or-treating, I mainly just did nothing and sat around in my cool costume like in the dining hall and stuff and felt awesome. ^_^ Wearing a hakama and gi will do that to you - you just feel so cool (unless you take kendo, in which case it's normal uniform...)
Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:49 pm

Well... I went to mass right from school, as it was a Holy Day of Obligation for Catholics. But then my brother and I realized that our family did not go to the mass, so we walked home in the dark, and he had happened to leave a pillow at a friend's house, who brought it to school, so he had a pillow with him, and I told him to go trick or treating wiht it, being a pillow case, but he only went to one house and got a Kit- Kat and Reese's, and then we went home, ate steak and alfredo, watched the Simpsons, and chilled out like nobody's buisness.

[Comic Book Guy]Best run-on sentence EVER.[/Comic Book Guy]
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:18 pm

I took two tests. :x Then after that I was too cold and tired to do anything else.

On Sunday we had a Halloween tradition at my college called GP, or Great Pumpkin. All the seniors made a haunted hallway in the basement of our residence hall, and then scared the daylights out of the freshmen.
I was a gargoyle and hid in a dark corner.

:twisted: Here's my costume:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24713991/

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:38 pm

I did nothing on Halloween, and was quite depressed about it.

For the past 17 or 18 years I have set the front of my house up as a haunted house. I would have a graveyard, a hanging dummy, a coffin with an alien unside (nothing gross, this was kid friendly), jack-o-lanterns, spider webs everywhere and erie music playing. I had the most amazing prop, Frankenstein's Monster crashing through a brick wall -I bought it from a halloween shop window for about $200. I would use a black light and a strobe to light it up. To top it off I would run a fog machine, and of course was dressed up, usually as the grim reaper or a ghoul. All the kids loved it, and we would get loads of them. Even the kids who were frightened still could not wait to come back the following year. And the parents seemed to love it even more. My basic rule was to never let it get too creepy or gross, but not go the disney route either.

But I didn't have the energy this year, plus we are selling the house shortly. All good things come to an end, though maybe in a few years I will do this again. My dream if I ever won the lottery has been to set up a big haunted house and charge admission and donate the procedes to charity.
And now for something completly different...

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:15 pm

alien2112 wrote: I was a gargoyle and hid in a dark corner.
That gargoyle appears to be preparing for an arabesque.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Shreddy
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shreddy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:56 pm

I locked myself in my room with the candy my roomate bought for the trickortreaters and waited for the next day...
hehe.. :twisted:
That's frenchstyle Halloween.. We know how to party !

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:14 am

My daughter had a few friends invited for a Halloween party so we had the house fixed up like a cave. They had sausages and french fries and after that whent trick or treating and got a load of sweets so I still need two days to help them get rid of it.
The world is smaller than you think!

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:26 am

FredProgGH wrote:
alien2112 wrote: I was a gargoyle and hid in a dark corner.
That gargoyle appears to be preparing for an arabesque.

Uh . . . yeah. I don't quite remember what I was trying to do. :oops: :lol:

Bogatyr
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Bogatyr » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:45 am

As a family, we don't do Hallowe'en (and dearly trying not to sound smug about it!) but I took the kids to a church party Saturday night, where they scored tons o' booty, gorged on pizza, and watched the new VeggieTales disc, The Lord of the Beans. Hilarious stuff! Those vids just keep getting better. Monday night came, the kids didna take naps, so they were nestled in for the night at 7 pm. If only their baby brother could take their cue!!!!! Awoke the next day to nary a smarshed punkin on the road, which made me a bit sad for my own misspent youth - which consisted of paving the roadways with punkin guts and even festooning a porch or two with flaming sacks of dog doo. Ah, fun.......
Wheee!

Venividi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Venividi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:35 pm

Here is a picture of my 9 year old son Peter in his Haloween costume.

The funny thing is that a lot kids figured out who he was supposed to be right away.

If you need help figuring out who he is look here:

http://www.michounet.com/fatman/

Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall

Post by Losfer Words » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:32 pm

looks in trick or treat back
"I got a rock"
or is that "I gotta rock" ? (Charlie Brown grew up to be that kid in that Twisted Sister video?)

On Halloween I assisted my synth players nieces and nephews with building their jack-o-lantern shrine to the Great Pumpkin in the back yard.
Next year, we will find the most sincere pumpkin patch- just you wait and see Charlie Brown!