January show news

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

robjob

Post by robjob » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:04 pm

The best way to come off as "creepy" is to go to a concert with a couple of your bud's, and wear matching t-shirts in support of the band you both enjoy!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I am come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10:10

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:46 am

Good Grief........

I really like the T-Shirt, wore it 3 times..... But I REALLY like it. I wish there were more ways of supporting a band without causing a local ruckus lol.

BTW, as far as line up, I agree with Bnielsen, but would like to add that ALL the GH members are the nicest and modest group I have met.

Guys from California Guitar Trio are also very nice.

Chris Degarmo from Queensryche(DONT EVERYONE SHUDDER) was also a very nice guy and seemed to be genuinely interested in how the fans liked his music.

I have been very fortunate to meet a lot of very talented people in my life, and feel that it has been enriched by it.

I am so glad I found Glass Hammer. I hope that others will too.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

ts_mpls

Post by ts_mpls » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:48 am

Ha, i didn't even notice that my babe comment got quoted by yyzmoose. And for the record, i was just going off the marital status of "single" on her ghfan.net bio.

And i'm not even going to touch the "creepy stalker" thing. I think my girlfriend just might have a problem with that. :)

tim

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:41 am

I have to say in all honesty-that it is MOST rare to find a group of musicians you admire so much-that happen to live in your town-and are so approachable and well-NICE, down to earth guys! It is and was my priviledge to support them by wearing their T-shirts(limited edition ones at that). I will honor Fred's and Steve's wishes by not wearing them to other local concerts(I probably won't be at the Fripp show anyway). Hopefully I will show support for the group all of the other times I wear it! The last thing I would want is for this to have a backlash effect, and give them more grief than the respect they deserve. The aren't the first, and won't be the last artists to not receive respect and praise in their hometown!Word of mouth probably does more good in the long run anyway!Peace,David.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:42 am

P.S. Can I wear it to the show in September???????????

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:01 am

yeshead 777 wrote:P.S. Can I wear it to the show in September???????????
It is my wish that you wear that shirt anywhere you want.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:40 pm

Speaking of t-shirts, is there any chance of Inconsolable Secret shirts being made available again? I passed on the original budle offered with the CD, thinking I could buy it later on.
And now for something completly different...

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:22 pm

I rather doubt we'll reprint them. We've never had much luck with t-shirts. We sold them all, but its a hassle getting them done.
Sorry :(
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:27 pm

Two words:

LIM-IT-ED ED-IT-ION =p
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:06 am

Basically, I think the problem is that we don't want to charge the kind of jerky price we really have to to make the whole thing worthwhile. We just can't charge you guys 50 bucks for a shirt :D
And you would not BELIEVE what we went trough to get a decent silkscreen for those things. It's a nightmare. We thought anyone could do it but it is not the case...
Now, the Cafe Press merchandise is always there from the website, of course.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:11 pm

You could always get a plain dark shirt and some transfer paper...
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:01 pm

With transfer paper you can´t wash them more than two or three times. If I had a repro camera and my old gear I would make them cheap. Back in the seventies me and a friend of mine was one of the first making t-shirts of Bands. Back in those days nobody was intrested in royalties. I´ve even sold a Steve Hillage t-shirt to the man himself on a rockfestival in Finnland back in the mid seventies. Still sort of proud about that. Today that would be inpossible.
The world is smaller than you think!

ts_mpls

Post by ts_mpls » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:02 pm

This is a little off-topic, but awesome quote in the signature, Fred! Mythbusters rocks! My favorite is Kari for... obvious reasons...

tim

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:15 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:I rather doubt we'll reprint them. We've never had much luck with t-shirts. We sold them all, but its a hassle getting them done.
Sorry :(
Bummer. I'll just have to settle for those coasters, er, I mean CD's you guys make us buy. :wink:
And now for something completly different...

EIwing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by EIwing » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:21 pm

You could superglue some coasters to a white t-shirt.
... I'm just full of dumb ideas! :D
Who do you think I'll be without you?