THE NEW GH ALBUM IS FINISHED!!!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

StepSeven
Amateur
Amateur

THE NEW GH ALBUM IS FINISHED!!!

Post by StepSeven » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:40 pm

Steve and Fred have completed work on the brand new Glass Hammer album, titled "The Compilations, 1996 to 2004." I have to tell you, I've been listening to the finished product all day, and it's absolutely magical. All the songs are fantastic. And just wait until you hear "In The Court Of Alkinoos," a 21 minute epic of jaw-dropping beauty that anchors the album.

Within the next week or two, the new album will be available exclusively via Apple's iTunes Music Store. In the meantime, why not try to satisfy your insatiable GH appetite by visiting the new album's sampler page. Here's the URL ... go enjoy yourselves:

http://www.glasshammer.com/pages/featur ... tions.html

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:47 pm

Oh, wow- thats TOTALLY awesome... I absolutely love Time Marches On, and its great finally hearing "The Court"! I was wondering where that part in the teaser from the media video was going to appear.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:49 pm

Another new GH album??? You boys crank out so much music it makes me tired just to listen. hehe
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

JPE

Post by JPE » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:08 am

This collection of songs is very complete. Times Marches On is probably my favourite song...

Janne Pettersson
Stockholm/Sweden

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:03 am

Step Seven will get some info up on these tracks soon. In the mean time, I'll tell you what this collection consists of.
These are tracks that were released on short-run or limited edition compilation albums through the years. In the case of The Morning Song, I'm not sure it was ever released, except through GHfan.net.

Time Marches On - 1997 Live at ProgDay (US)
Air Born - 1996 - Harbour of Tears Camel Tribute Album (Italy)
The Narrow Way - 2003 - Making of a Glass Hammer Adventure
A is A - recorded in 1998 - released on an Ipso Facto Compilation (Canada)
The Morning Song (1998)
Heroes and Dragons - CPR Volume 2 -recorded in 2004
In the Court of Alkinoos - for The Ulysses Project ( 2004 Musea - France) to be released in the next few days
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:30 pm

Yay!! Sounds awesome! The vocals on Camel sound really different - that's cool. And I can never say no to another 20+ minute epic... But please tell me the Court is not album only...
Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly

StepSeven
Amateur
Amateur

Post by StepSeven » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:24 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:Yay!! Sounds awesome! The vocals on Camel sound really different - that's cool. And I can never say no to another 20+ minute epic... But please tell me the Court is not album only...
On the iTunes Music Store, all tracks over 10 minutes in length are available only with the album.

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:23 pm

Sweet news!
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:20 pm

:-/ But what if you already own all but two of the songs? Can't you just charge 1.99 or something? I've seen that done before.

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:23 pm

It wouldn't bring in as much money. Ya want 2, get em all. Actually, now just give the songs you already have to other people as samples, cause it's not illegal cause you bought a couple of them, so.... bleh.

Stop complaining.
:wink:
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:55 pm

That is totally not a law, pal, and I won't believe you unless you find it. You can't give away a certain percentage of a CD for free. :roll: At the very least, I very much doubt that Steve or Fred would appreciate it.

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:35 pm

I was reading Silhobbit.com and found this (warning, this is a prog site but is definitely not for the fainthearted! I won't tell you the picture that appears just above this article... :shock: )

Glass Hammer
Another prog band cashing-in, Kino-like on Christmas, are Glass Hammer. They'll be releasing a new album, but only via Apple's Satanic iTunes. The album, featuring the 20 minute "never-before-heard epic" At The Court Of Alkinoos, as well as a live version of Time Marches On and their cover of Airborne by Camel.

Silhobbit reckons it's a shame that these songs will only ever be released in Apples lossy and compressed format, suitable only for headphone listening on the Tube.

See, I told you iTunes was the work of the devil (or something) :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I suppose I'll get it anyway...especially since I dropped my flippin' Zen Xtra just before Crimbo and buggered up the headphone jack!! :x :x
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:53 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:That is totally not a law, pal, and I won't believe you unless you find it. You can't give away a certain percentage of a CD for free. :roll: At the very least, I very much doubt that Steve or Fred would appreciate it.

No no no, I'm saying that since you have bought at least 2 copies of the same song, you can give at least 1 away legally, eh?
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall

Post by Losfer Words » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:05 pm

SuperTed wrote:I was reading Silhobbit.com and found this (warning, this is a prog site but is definitely not for the fainthearted! I won't tell you the picture that appears just above this article... :shock: )

Glass Hammer
Another prog band cashing-in, Kino-like on Christmas, are Glass Hammer. They'll be releasing a new album, but only via Apple's Satanic iTunes. The album, featuring the 20 minute "never-before-heard epic" At The Court Of Alkinoos, as well as a live version of Time Marches On and their cover of Airborne by Camel.

Silhobbit reckons it's a shame that these songs will only ever be released in Apples lossy and compressed format, suitable only for headphone listening on the Tube.
In other words yet another critic who likes Glass Hammer but not enough to put his money where his pen/mouth/wordprocessor is and help support the band.

The question is whose greed is greater- an indie band simply trying to finance their music so they can continue turning out excellent high quality recordings, or the "fan" who wants the high quality recording but doesn't want to pay for them?
As if Neve recording consoles grew on trees.
(if you happen to find this tree point it out to me and I will take a few hobbits, elves and dwarves on a quest to retrieve it)

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:42 am

Sound's like their problem is with iTunes, not us. I'm not really even sure how to read that post. We haven't announced this news outside of our own webpage, so they must check our site frequently - waiting on some evil news to print - all in the spirit of 'promoting' prog-bands of course. I sure wouldn't be offended if 3 or 4 or 10 of you emailed them and took them to task for it!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart