GH associates at Riverbend

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

GH associates at Riverbend

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:25 pm

I see where two GH assocciates will be performing at Riverbend here in Chattanooga in June-Lauara Lindstrom-part of the duo U I Blue, and Micheele Young. There are several other interesting acts already signed like Al Dimeola, Sam Bush, Alex Skolnick Trio, and Mountain. Fred or Steve-you think you might venture out there this year? Don't be afraid!!!I won't hold my breath though!

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:20 pm

Not if you sewed a rat in my mouth and told me either I could go to Riverbend or it (the rat, not Riverbend) would chew its way out throuh my eyes. Would I go to Riverbend. Because I don't like it, you see. :D

Someone paid me rather a lot of money to do it in '04 ond it still was a miserable hell from which I have scarcely recovered.

Although there is funnelcake there. And if Laura is playing there might be no choice...
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:27 am

Ah c'mon.....I hate Riverbend as well, but if there is good music there this year, I will come..... I will buy you a funnelcake as well.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:32 am

But Fred-tell us how you really feel! Is that a regular size rat or like a Willard size rat?He-He. I've only been to a few select shows there in the 8yrs. we've lived here-and mostly at the small stages, so-so far I've not had a bad experience. Their might just be too many interesting acts this year to pass up. You have to admit there's been alot of strange things happen in the last year on the Chattanooga music scene. As I said in another thread-who would have thunk that 4 KC members would be here in one year's time! Now King's X needs to come back! I'll help you with the rat if you decide to go.Faithfully,Chattanooga Nerd#1!!!P.S. I'll treat you to a LARGE FC-Ok?

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:39 pm

We'll see. :P
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

EIwing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by EIwing » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:07 pm

Boo, Riverbend. :/

I went when Sarah Snyder played keyboards in a local band. That was the only time I've ever enjoyed it. But funnel cake and beef on a stick are pretty tempting.

... Fred, if you go, I'll go.
Who do you think I'll be without you?

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:29 pm

Don't forget the infamous TURKEY LEG ON A STICK!!!

robjob

Post by robjob » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:00 pm

I have to admit,

I'm rather disappointed in the level of sophistication being demonstrated in culinary selections of GH fans, and band members. Everyone, who is anyone, knows that the aficionado of festival food always goes for sausage dogs smothered in onions, peppers, and mustard! The missing link to a perfect evening would be to enjoy the afore mentioned delicacy, while watching and enjoying Glass Hammer on stage!

Please Fred, ... Reconsider, and the sausage, onions, and peppers are my treat.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I am come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10:10

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:35 am

Fred, I think you are waging an unwinable battle against the original GH nerds+one!!! Give up while you still have your dignity!

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:18 am

The most important thing about Riverbend is remembering not to be around Robjob after he has his sausage dog smothered in onions, mustard and peppers.......

:wink:
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:32 am

woo-wheeeeeeeeeeew-I know what you mean Elric! I'll make sure I'm not downwind from Robjob on Sausage night!!!!

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:50 pm

robjob wrote:I have to admit,

I'm rather disappointed in the level of sophistication being demonstrated in culinary selections of GH fans, and band members. Everyone, who is anyone, knows that the aficionado of festival food always goes for sausage dogs smothered in onions, peppers, and mustard! The missing link to a perfect evening would be to enjoy the afore mentioned delicacy, while watching and enjoying Glass Hammer on stage!

Please Fred, ... Reconsider, and the sausage, onions, and peppers are my treat.
Oh man, you just made me very hungry! And worse, I'm still on my diet. I'm now thinking of those wonderful sausage sandwiches they sell outside of Fenway Park in Boston. Either that or a good old Bratwurst that was soaked in beer before we grill it. I think I just gained a couple pounds without taking a bite!
And now for something completly different...

Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall

Post by Losfer Words » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:23 pm

I've never been to Riverbend. :shock:

EIwing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by EIwing » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:01 pm

Bratwurst smothered in BBQ sauce is quite the tasty treat as well. 8)
Who do you think I'll be without you?

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:49 pm

EIwing wrote:Bratwurst smothered in BBQ sauce is quite the tasty treat as well. 8)
I may have to try that. I usually stick with mustard. As for the beer thing, it does not make the brats taste like beer, in case you were wondering.
And now for something completly different...