American Idol

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:35 pm

So every person is telling every other person how they should get the money? That sounds...... weird.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:41 pm

Well-Weird is a good thing for reality shows. Who would have thought a show where people eat pig intestines and blood balls would be top entertainment! Who'd have thunk it?
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:53 pm

Well, Simon was right again tonight. Both of the guys voted off neede to go for sure-esp. the Harry Connick wannabe! I think Paula has OFFICIALLY crossed the line for a drug-induced. I think that they need to start mandatory drug testing at FOX. Even Ryan had to chastise Paula and Simon for not taking this serious. I thought Paula was gonna fall out of her chair-What is she on???????????
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:20 pm

I guess I just don't watch much tv anymore. I do watch Navy NCIS just about every week, I like it a lot. And also "Two and a Half Men", which is pretty funny. That's about it for regular programming. I mostly try to find a movie, sports, or maybe real reality TV such as History Channel or Discovery. As for 24, I still have not seen an episode, but I did just rent season 1. I should start watching maybe as early as tomorrow. I did the same thing for The Sopranos, and have completly caught up.
And now for something completly different...

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:01 pm

ah! i love the charaters in NCIS =)

I always try to make room for Stargate SG-1 and mythbusters
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:43 am

Actually, I usually do catch Grey's Anatomy because my roomate watches it every Sunday and I'm always in my room doing homework then... and my computer's so near the TV it always distracts me. But I don't think that counts because I wouldn't turn it on myself.
Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly

StepSeven
Amateur
Amateur

Post by StepSeven » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:42 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Just kidding! :twisted:

I agree with you totally. I think Travis is great- he just needs to be himself. He could hang with Bonnie Raitt- he's the most natural guy ever on the show. And the dude that sang the really hard stevie Wonder song tonight was great. And the Buckwheat-looking guy has soul. The rest are forgettable. Didn't see the girls last night.

And I bet Paula IS on drugs. She just repeats whatever Randy says now.
Taylor Hicks -- the grayed hair guy -- would make a fantastic lead vocalist for Little Feat, in my humble opinion. He has a great voice, and his style would blend beautifully into LF's musical style.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:59 pm

TALYLOR, that's his name- right. Little Feat- what a great idea. He'd be great with them.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:49 am

The execs at Fox must have had a talk with Paula-she was definetely more"with it" tonight-or should I say "off" of it. Manisha(or whatever her name is)showed up all of the other girls-I think Melissa, Lisa, and the amazon girl(6ft.3) will be the bottom vote getters. Lets see what the rirls can do tonight. Thanks alot Flo for getting me hooked on it!

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Reepicheep » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:55 am

I MiSSED it tonight, AND Scrubs because Josh was playing stupid Mario kart with our friends. :evil:
Buster:"Sister is my new mother, Mother..."

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Reepicheep » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:04 am

BTW, this is really random, but I had a dream last night that I auditioned for American Idol.
I got to through all the stages up until when people actually start voting, but the judges all got mad because I sang a song I wrote and played piano too.
I said "Okay, I'll just leave this show then, because my CD's about to come out anyway, and it's folk, not pop, so I don't even know why i'm on this show" and I walked off the stage.
The weird thing, is that I left the competition, but I really needed a job (obviously i wasn't married and didn't have kids in this dream) so I practically begged Randy if I could work for American Idol somehow.
He said I could help him interview the contestants but he didn't have any equippment to record with. I told him we could use my laptop, and he said fine, but I would have to do it, or teach him, because he didn't know how to use a Mac. HA ha ha ha.
WEIRD.

Oh, and just in case you ask, yes, my dreams are always as detailed as this, and no, I didn't eat anything weird before I went to bed.
This is actually a pretty "normal" dream for me. My head goes wacko when I sleep.
:shock:

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:26 am

That's ok-sign of a REAL artist. And how many times did Randy call you dog?

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:52 pm

Watching it now. Taylor has been the best so far-great version of "Taking it to the Streets". Ace's falsetto on a MJ song was actually pretty good. Kevin has to go, and personally I think Bucky needs to go, and Will's How Sweet it is was wek-those are the three lowest scores IMO. Elliot was pretty strong also. And whos gonna get in a knock-down w/Simon first-Paula or Randy? Paula was fairly sober for two nights in a row-that's the biggest shocker!!!!

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Reepicheep » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:37 am

I almost clapped outloud for Taylor. I would totally pay to see him. I can't say that about any other contestant that's ever been on the show.

otteaux

Post by otteaux » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:14 pm

I swore I'd never watch American Idol (it just sounded so ridiculous), but after hearing about it from so many co-workers I gave in and watched an episode last week...

I'm now frantically trying to acquire the repeats of all of Season 5.. I'm HOOKED! Simon is just great!

As far as the talent goes, I really don't care about that part - they're just singers... I'm generally more impressed with folks who can create their own music, play instruments, arrange songs, etc. You can trot down to the nearest Baptist church and pluck out a decent singer any day of the week...

So I watch it for the "train wreck" factor as opposed to expecting to see any uniquely talented individual.

BTW, does Paula ever say anything intelligent? ;)

/I love Brenna... bring her back!