American Idol

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Wed May 24, 2006 9:55 pm

Well, the good news is, taylor actually won!!

The bad news: Taylor won. Now they'll probably destroy what was good about him in the first place with terrible generic songs and producers that don't get him. Maybe in a couple years he'll be able to get back with his band.

And how abot Prince- how cool was that??
[img]http://static.flickr.com/1/652239_be4b7aa3e3_m.jpg[/img]

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Reepicheep » Thu May 25, 2006 1:02 am

I'm glad Taylor won, but I'm mad that they had to play one of the songs I hate most in the world. "I've had the time of my life" literally makes my stomach hurt. It's really embarrassing to hear. I can't decide which I hate worse-that song, or "Celebrate good times". Uuuugggghh.
Buster:"Sister is my new mother, Mother..."

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu May 25, 2006 7:51 am

The songs that were written for them (both of them) were horrid. Especially for Taylor. If they try to turn him into a sappy pop singer - he'll crash and burn pretty fast. Yet I'm happy for him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bogatyr
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Bogatyr » Thu May 25, 2006 9:54 am

I'm glad this season is finally over for all involved. From the has-beens to the wanna-bes, there was a lot of embarrassment to go around. Dionne Warwick stunk out the joint with probably the biggest and noisiest clam of her career - in front of 60 million people, no less. Juxtapose this whole pre-fab star making procedure to the long and now on-the-skids career of King's X, and it's a great argument for there being no justice in this world. You want to play with integrity? Prepare to be punished for it. But then again, where else would you see some hapless twit of a kid nigh wet himself - in front of 60 million people, no less - at the realization that he's singing onstage with Clay Aiken????
Wheee!