OFFICIAL GH FUN AND MORE - MUST READ NOW!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

OFFICIAL GH FUN AND MORE - MUST READ NOW!

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:56 pm

Someone has suggested that we need to tailor our Belmont DVD press release for ‘certain’ internet prog-forums who have been critical of our past attempts at marketing. As many of you know, if we or any of our fans are too enthusiastic about our projects, flame wars and hate mail ensue. Many of our reviewers were even verbally mauled or received threatening emails for their positive reviews of The Inconsolable Secret. So, maybe we’ll post warnings in the headers. For instance, we could do a “Hyperbole-free” press release.
For now though, I’m working on the Hyperbole or Enthusiastic versions. I was hoping some of you could contribute ideas as well. Then perhaps we could post the entire mess to ‘certain’ forums.

Here’s one idea….

Glass Hammer Live At Belmont
Press Release (The Hyperbole Version)

The undisputed masters of symphonic-prog, Glass Hammer, are back with the most magnificent DVD to ever be released in the history of civilization (or at the very least, in the history of progressive rock DVDs). “Live At Belmont” is recorded in glorious 5.1 surround sound and will literally transport you to symphonic realms beyond your imagination.

Glass Hammer’s Steve Babb says, “Not only is this 2 DVD set the best project Glass Hammer has ever been involved with, it far surpasses any project that any other progressive rock band has ever been involved with. We couldn’t be happier.”

Featuring special guest Carl Groves (Salem Hill) and introducing David Walliman on guitar, GH blazes through songs from Lex Rex, Shadowlands and their latest critically acclaimed masterpiece “The Inconsolable Secret”. And if that isn’t enough, Belmont University’s 150 member choir joins Glass Hammer for a grand finale that will set the standard for grand finales for all time - and even beyond!

Simply put, you have not lived until you have witnessed the marvel that is “Live at Belmont”. So, grab a copy and start living today!

Ya’ll like it? Now lets hear your ideas!

Thanks,
Steve 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Aswepe

Post by Aswepe » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:02 pm

As the dude in the Guiness ad says, "Brilliant!"

Too bad some people will take it seriously.
David

Bozo
Professional
Professional

Post by Bozo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:50 pm

:dito: The only thing you forgott is that from now the music history must be rewritten.
The world is smaller than you think!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:49 pm

Seriously though-how bout all of us that were at the show-Bnielsen,Robjob,Elric,myself,Sam Gamgee, and others that are not officially in the band come up with something and submit it to all of the prog sites. progressiveears is the only other one I'm routinely on. What do ya'll think?-if we go down, we go down together!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:55 pm

Yea.... make up ridiculous childhood stories and then you listen to Glass Hammer and your life turns around completely. Like... that should happen, but completely exaggerate it.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:24 pm

Well, depending on the sense of humor of a(n average) prog fan is like counting on the generosity of Scrooge McDuck. But we do need to get the word out!
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:53 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:Seriously though-how bout all of us that were at the show-Bnielsen,Robjob,Elric,myself,Sam Gamgee, and others that are not officially in the band come up with something and submit it to all of the prog sites. progressiveears is the only other one I'm routinely on. What do ya'll think?-if we go down, we go down together!
All for this one!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:47 am

Even in jest... it just kinda comes off smug to me...

like, you dare them to take it literally and personally..

thats just me
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:30 am

Well, the thing is no matter how humble we make it the reaction will be pretty much the same, so why not just be jerks :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:46 am

FredProgGH wrote:Well, the thing is no matter how humble we make it the reaction will be pretty much the same, so why not just be jerks :D
Maybe-but even the jerkiest GH fan is a saint compared to some of the PE jerks!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:38 am

FredProgGH wrote:Well, the thing is no matter how humble we make it the reaction will be pretty much the same, so why not just be jerks :D
That's kinda where I'm at. They're going to kick us no matter what we do or say.

Bottom-line - we have to let people know. Its like on PE we're
expected to say
"Here's our crappy little project. Please buy it if only to laugh at our pathetic attempt at live music. Oh yes - we're Christians too. Please let that ruin it for you as you view it."

I always said in press releases that "this is our best project yet" or something to that effect. I even pointed out that I knew I'd said it before, but still meant it. We'll, I'm still catching hell for that in forums. But you know what? If Fred and I didn't do our best every time (at least in our own minds) why would we continue to bother with it.

(And BTW - LIVE AT BELMONT is our coolest, grandest project yet! lol - IT IS DANG IT!!!)

We have many friends on PE though most of them were bullied into silence by a few Christian-bashing, symph-prog haters. We aren't the only ones this has happened to mind you, but they nearly ruined the Inconsolable Secret release in the US. I know for a fact that reviewers will think twice before EVER giving us five stars again. I know for a fact they got hate mail from PE members for merely enjoying The Inconsolable Secret. (And does that make sense to anyone???? Give me a break!!! lol)

But you guys feel free to say whatever you want. Just say something. We'll let the chips fall where they may. :D

Steve

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:44 am

Ha, I read the hyperbole version, and I agreed with everthing you wrote-- it is true! :lol: IMO, you are the the undisputed masters of prog!!!! :twisted:

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:19 pm

WOW!! Never thought there were people flaming others to have an opinion on music..
To much free time I suppose

That's just sad.. :roll:

By the way Glass Hammer sucks! :twisted: :cuckoo:
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

EIwing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by EIwing » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:05 pm

Sarcasm, in some circles, is like pearls before swine.

I, however, think it would be hilarious to release a press release as such. :D
Who do you think I'll be without you?

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:54 pm

I t would be hilarous to all of us, and those PE readers with a sense of humor, but unfortunetely that is the minority. I think every musiician honestly strives for their newest or next project to be their best, and if it isn't they are dissappointed. For a musician to go on a public forum and announce that I guess is only okay if EVERY reader aggrees. In other words-in their eyes-its okay for musicians to promote their music on theor website,etc. and say "This is our best work yet"(if they agree with it), but don't dare go on a public forum and announce it-even if it is TRUE(which it obviously is in this case!)-that is a whole different case! What a double-standard. It just shows that in this world it really doesn't pay to make yourselves vulnerable-even if you are humble and honest. There really is a DRAGON, and He is REAL.