General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Thimon
Professional
Professional

the "I've been to" Topic!

Post by Thimon » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:10 am

So here is where you can post random places where you went! :wink:

Last Tuesday I went to Fish's Return to the childhood tour.
He sung 2.5 hours :shock: .. including the complete misplaced childhood and some extras.
It was also his 48th birthday!

Pictures
http://home.planet.nl/~riest043/FISH%20 ... index.html

well.. Where did you go lately?[/url]
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:59 am

Hmm . . . I walked to the grocery store yesterday. It was muddy and humid. The cashier complimented me on my signature. :roll:

Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall

Post by Losfer Words » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:36 am

I went down to the kitchen about an hour ago and made and Egg "Mac" Muffin- that's the Scottish version- scrambled eggs, with onions, green peppers an melted cheese and "corned beef" on an oversized hamburger bun. I suppose corned beef is Irish too, but for safe measure I need to go back and have a bowl of Lucky Charms now to appease the spirits of my Irish ancestors too.

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:34 am

:shock: That's very random. :lol:
Just watched Flight plan..
Thought it was a bit boring.. ah well
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:08 pm

This is a silly thread. As such, I like it. Well, I just went to Chinatown on Friday. And then today I just came back from Mass. It was a lovely day, all rainy, so I walked. :) Last night I watched like 3 and a half hours of python. Every single time I show people python, they only want to see Spanish Inqquisition, which gets a little old, but today no one even asked about it... until some new people walked in and requested it.. But after three hours of not mentioning that sketch, I really finally was not expecting the Spanish Inquisition. I should have.
Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:00 pm

Well I went to school on Friday, then I went to the movie store and rented Final Fantasy Advent Children. Then I watched it and went to bed. The power went out for about 2 seconds as I was posting this, so I had to do all that work and come back and repost it.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:23 pm

hmm, yes a silly thread, but sweet in a slice of life kind of way. Yesterday went to Ithaca. First went to a local sci fi bookshop and picked up Christian Mythmakers: C.S. Lewis, Madeleine L'Engle, J.R.R. Tolkien, George Madonald, G.K. Chesterton, and Others. Then visited the comics shop where I bought the latest X-Men penned by Joss Whendon (#14), a Dark Phoenix collection, Witchblade #98, and League of Extraordinary Gentelmen vol. 1. Then for some hiking around the gorges, took some photos, and finally dinner at Moosewood. Very pretty day out. Spring is on the move!
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:24 pm

theHermit wrote:hmm, yes a silly thread, but sweet in a slice of life kind of way. Yesterday went to Ithaca. First went to a local sci fi bookshop and picked up Christian Mythmakers: C.S. Lewis, Madeleine L'Engle, J.R.R. Tolkien, George Madonald, G.K. Chesterton, and Others. Then visited the comics shop where I bought the latest X-Men penned by Joss Whendon (#14), a Dark Phoenix collection, Witchblade #98, and League of Extraordinary Gentelmen vol. 1. Then for some hiking around the gorges, took some photos, and finally dinner at Moosewood. Very pretty day out. Spring is on the move!
I've read Christian Mythmakers. Great book :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Mon May 01, 2006 6:00 am

I've been to Paradise
But I've never been to me... :cry:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Mon May 01, 2006 12:03 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
theHermit wrote:hmm, yes a silly thread, but sweet in a slice of life kind of way. Yesterday went to Ithaca. First went to a local sci fi bookshop and picked up Christian Mythmakers: C.S. Lewis, Madeleine L'Engle, J.R.R. Tolkien, George Madonald, G.K. Chesterton, and Others. Then visited the comics shop where I bought the latest X-Men penned by Joss Whendon (#14), a Dark Phoenix collection, Witchblade #98, and League of Extraordinary Gentelmen vol. 1. Then for some hiking around the gorges, took some photos, and finally dinner at Moosewood. Very pretty day out. Spring is on the move!
I've read Christian Mythmakers. Great book :)
I've heard this book is wonderful and have been meaning to read it for awhile. btw, love the Arnold verse in the sig Steve. Dover Beach by MA is a long-time favorite of mine.
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Mon May 01, 2006 12:26 pm

I've been to the desert on a horse with no name.

Bogatyr
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Bogatyr » Mon May 01, 2006 1:12 pm

I attended a Filipino Fighting Arts seminar all day Saturday, conducted by two bonafide legends of the Phillipines. Didn't get dinged up too bad; I was just glad after we were through with the knife drills I didn't "let my fingers do the walking"! PANG! PANG!
Wheee!

Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall

take me to the other side

Post by Losfer Words » Mon May 01, 2006 1:53 pm

This morning I wandered over to the old analog side of the studio and on the floor behind the reel to reel multitrack I discovered a box of aging old Scotch 2 inch reel to reel tape- still unopened.
(Somewhere near Boston, Tom Scholz will be shedding tears of joy upon hearing it still exists.) Of course that is until I open it and it turns into mystery magnetic dust and flakes right before my eyes.

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mflorio » Mon May 01, 2006 2:15 pm

'How can you know where you've been, in time you'll see the sign and realize your sin'....
http://www.massdream.com

esteban
Amateur
Amateur

Post by esteban » Mon May 01, 2006 4:29 pm

I went to Chattanooga on Friday. I went to Chattanooga on Saturday. This is getting to be a habit, maybe I should just move on down there.

I went to C-town twice, and didn't visit either the Rave or Guitar Center. Something is seriously wrong with me.

---
Now playing on Retune the Sky: Salem Hill, "Love Won't Save the World"
Ecce quam bonum et quam iucundum habitare fratres in unum.