the "I've been to" Topic!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Sun May 07, 2006 8:01 pm

theHermit wrote:well I'm a bit of a computer nerd, but it sounds like you are using iTunes on Windows, of which I have limited experience. From your description, I'd guess there is a bad argument somewhere in the program's run script, but then you tried reinstalling, which is what I would have suggested. I'll see if I can dig up anything else on the subject. Have you updated your operating system or any drivers recently? I assume you are running XP service pack 2 alien?
Thanks for offering to help, but I actually managed to fix it myself!
:shock: Am I nearing the glorious nerdism?

I figured out the last error by going deep into the scary spaces of the iTunes program files. The MPlugin the error was referring to was 0 bytes. Therefore, it wasn't anything. I found another MPlugin with someodd bytes on it in the iTunes folder, and switched them out. It worked!

For the other error, I searched for "unknown error 4450" on the iTunes discussion forums. It turns out that lots of people had the same problem. I read what people suggested, and if the suggestion worked or not. Many were suggesting to change the write speed to 8X or lower. I changed the write speed to 6X, and now I'll be listening to GH on the way home!!!!! :cackle:

Sorry :blush: I just feel overly proud of myself.

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Sun May 07, 2006 8:54 pm

You rock!! I think you gain a level.

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Sun May 07, 2006 9:39 pm

[Napoleon Dynamite]Yes . . .[/Napoleon Dynamite]

:D :lol:

Alatar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Alatar » Mon May 08, 2006 9:22 am

I've been to ...

A St.Monica's day picnic. May the 4th be with you.

So, there I was, at this picnic, dressed in a surcoat with a lute on it. Like you do. And I've been growing my beard a bit recently. then somebody puts a circlet on me.

So, tell me the truth. Do I look like a Morris dancer in this?

http://www.sca.org.au/krae_glas/Admin/E ... %20002.jpg
----
Five wizards came from the West. One sought knowledge, one power, one conversed with the animals and the other two got into blues

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Mon May 08, 2006 10:28 am

Alatar wrote:So, tell me the truth. Do I look like a Morris dancer in this?
[Keanu Reeves]Whoa. . .[/Keanu Reeves]

No, but it does make me think of that episode of the original Star Trek where the Enterprise encounters the Greek god Apollo. :lol:

I've been to...the Georgia Renaissance Festival. A few people I know participate in the entertainment there.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Mon May 08, 2006 11:19 am

alien2112 wrote:
theHermit wrote:well I'm a bit of a computer nerd, but it sounds like you are using iTunes on Windows, of which I have limited experience. From your description, I'd guess there is a bad argument somewhere in the program's run script, but then you tried reinstalling, which is what I would have suggested. I'll see if I can dig up anything else on the subject. Have you updated your operating system or any drivers recently? I assume you are running XP service pack 2 alien?
Thanks for offering to help, but I actually managed to fix it myself!
:shock: Am I nearing the glorious nerdism?

I figured out the last error by going deep into the scary spaces of the iTunes program files. The MPlugin the error was referring to was 0 bytes. Therefore, it wasn't anything. I found another MPlugin with someodd bytes on it in the iTunes folder, and switched them out. It worked!

For the other error, I searched for "unknown error 4450" on the iTunes discussion forums. It turns out that lots of people had the same problem. I read what people suggested, and if the suggestion worked or not. Many were suggesting to change the write speed to 8X or lower. I changed the write speed to 6X, and now I'll be listening to GH on the way home!!!!! :cackle:

Sorry :blush: I just feel overly proud of myself.

Nice work alien!
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall

Post by Losfer Words » Mon May 08, 2006 9:31 pm

Tonight I went to that local Chattanooga Web site forum for independent artists.
A site where I often plug the studios web & graphic design services.
A site where I often feel the need to drown myself in bleach to get the stench of that site off of me when I leave.

I found one "rival" (?, HA!) designer annoyed with me for not posting all my design clients
stating "you're only as good as your last client"

I took great delight in pointing out to them that my

[most recent design client]
is playing Carnegie Hall and has taught music theory at Penn State.
How do you get to Carnegie Hall? :D

While there most recent client has played "prestigious" venues such as the Local and Fathom in Chattanooga.

Place grumpy care bear image here and find me a snob care bear in that test on that site. :D

However, I did manage to sneak a plug for Glass Hammer into the rebutal too since they are featured in something I designed, as well.
On a crystal morning I can see the dewdrops falling
Down from a gleaming heaven, I can hear the voices calling
When you comin' home now, son, this world is not for you

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Mon May 08, 2006 9:51 pm

Nice :D I like your design for Michael's site.

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:42 am

I went to bed last night . . . :P

At 12:30am . . . :oops:

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Tue May 09, 2006 1:47 pm

I've been to....

the toilet.

Of course, next time I probably should get up and go to the bathroom :oops:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Tue May 09, 2006 2:02 pm

Well, I've been to Nice and the Isle of Greece, but...

OK, it's rather a gender mismatch but I can't pass up the opportunity to post a terrible terrible song.

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Tue May 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Prog Music's Frank wrote:Well, I've been to Nice and the Isle of Greece, but...

OK, it's rather a gender mismatch but I can't pass up the opportunity to post a terrible terrible song.
You know, I could be uncouth and point out that we've done that one earlier but, looking at those lyrics I'm happy to have it again just because it's so ferkin' awful :lol:

Isle of Greece? Is that in, like, Greekland? :roll:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

yyzmoose
Professional
Professional

Post by yyzmoose » Wed May 10, 2006 3:32 pm

Bozo wrote:Admit. You remembered it just because your mom stood outside thr door. :D
Nope, though I was taught well as a kid. People who don't wash after they do their business should be publicly flogged! :x
And now for something completly different...

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Wed May 10, 2006 10:44 pm

This rang a bell in my head somewhere, but for a week or so there wasn't anyone home to answer it. Eventually I latched onto what was tickling the memory. From Lewis Grizzard's "Shoot Low, Boys--They're Ridin' Shetland Ponies"...

I was standing at a urinal beside two fellows at a Georgia-Auburn football game once. The Georgia fan, dressed in red and black from head to toe, finished his business, zipped his pants and headed for the door.
"Hey, Bulldog," shouted the Auburn fan, "don't they teach you guys at Georgia to wash after using the bathroom?"
"No," said the Bulldog fan, "they teach us not to piss on our hands."

Zing.

RIP, Lewis.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Thu May 11, 2006 7:09 am

johnc wrote:This rang a bell in my head somewhere, but for a week or so there wasn't anyone home to answer it. Eventually I latched onto what was tickling the memory. From Lewis Grizzard's "Shoot Low, Boys--They're Ridin' Shetland Ponies"...

I was standing at a urinal beside two fellows at a Georgia-Auburn football game once. The Georgia fan, dressed in red and black from head to toe, finished his business, zipped his pants and headed for the door.
"Hey, Bulldog," shouted the Auburn fan, "don't they teach you guys at Georgia to wash after using the bathroom?"
"No," said the Bulldog fan, "they teach us not to piss on our hands."

Zing.

RIP, Lewis.
Thats pretty funny actually. :lol:
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes