Belmont DVD Has Arrived

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

widowspeak
Amateur
Amateur

Belmont DVD Has Arrived

Post by widowspeak » Mon May 08, 2006 2:19 pm

Much to my surprise, the Belmont DVD has been delivered to me today !!! :)

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Mon May 08, 2006 3:48 pm

I have watched a few minutes of it and have had to stop to post and gloat....

Yeah!!!!!!
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon May 08, 2006 4:04 pm

DVDs are being shipped every day now, but we'll stop to wait on more autographs. The next shipment will go out probably on Friday. If you don't get yours today or tomorrow (US only), just be patient, we'll mail them out as fast as we can.
Thanks!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Mon May 08, 2006 4:25 pm

Got motivated to check the mailbox, upon reading this. Didn't find a DVD--but did find a large number of ants. Ewww.

Hot Shot spray = WMD for ants.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Mon May 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Ok sorry for the gloat.....

I have watched this and I really don't know where to begin. I don't want to leave it at just one word "incredible". I can tell that there was a lot of dedication and work in this DVD. I guess by being in front at the show I was excited, but I could not hear all there all I have heard here, if that makes sense.

The mix is great, no one person in the band overruns another, and at the same time each one has their own distinct sound. Clarity is really important for me when I listen/watch a DVD. I felt like I was there again watching Shreddy and Fred, but I think the sound was so much better than being there. The bass sound and the drums came out in the mix that I did not hear as well in the show(as I complained about Yeshead deafening me with his road trip music).

Lastly, I did not get to appreciate the string section or the ladies as well from where I was seated at the show. This DVD captures it all. I am impressed, and want to thank you for putting out such a great DVD.

I apologize if it seems like I am bragging about this a lot and getting mine before others do.....

Well maybe not.

Thanks again for great music, and a great show!
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon May 08, 2006 8:16 pm

I got mine first but Elric posted first-of course! Always has to be one up on me! Anyway-Incredible doesn't come close to describing it for me-even after just one watch. The mix is great!!!!SO much better than what we heard on the front row. Matt's sound is soooo full and so much more out front. Steve's bass is so much more prominent, the girls' voices are more distinct, and what can you say about the Shredmeister-David. It was frustrating during the show seeing him ripping and not being able to hear it. Anyway-I don't mean to whine-I was glad we were on the front row-but you do sacrifice alot in the mix, and the DVD 5.1 more than makes up for it! Fred's keyboard wizardry is everything I remembered-his synth sound is amazing-someone PLEASE hand him a towel-definetely the hardest worker on the stage(except for Matt). Susie's solo on TTGD was everything I remembered it to be, and what can I say about LISSETTE-TOTALLY INCREDIBLE!!!! KOTN is much better than I remember too, and the choir at the end of Glimpse takes your breath away! I've only watched the slideshow on Disc Two-very funny and lots of great pictures!!!!The pictures at the end of Disc One taken at the end of the show were a nice touch too-one of Fred and me at the very end!!! What GREAT memories are flooding back!!!!Can't believe this was 6 months ago! I will post a full review on PE,Amazon, and anywhere else asap. If you haven't ordered it-ORDER NOW!!!!!!! and make you're plans to be in Chattanooga in September!!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Tue May 09, 2006 1:54 pm

I've got mine and am listening/watching as we speak (Run Lissette).

That boy sure plays a mean geetar! 8)

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!! But as I'm watching it in work I'm afraid I have to leave my full and frank review for later

:lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed May 10, 2006 3:59 am

OK-so now I'm up to 4 listens, 2 w/surround-sound, 2 w/o. Let me tell you-if you are a TRUE BLUE GH fan and you can get thru WWWY and HCAG without shedding a tear or at least getting choked up you need to check you're GH fan membership card and make sure it's valid! It's getting better with each watch/listen. I'm loving KOTK more and more too. And lisette is still the BOMB!!!!KUDOS,KUDOS,KUDOS to all involved-this just might be the brake-through that GH so richly deserves!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:03 am

One more comment-I had to jump on ROBJOB and foceabily coerce him(over the phone)to order the DVD now!!!!! To think one of the Chattanooga Nerds who sat on the front row would not pre-order this was a shameful embarrasment to me(and I'm sure Elric also). Please do not make the same mistake He did-Follow the TRUE nerds example and ORDER NOW!!!!!!!

Aswepe

Post by Aswepe » Wed May 10, 2006 8:17 am

Received my copy yesterday. So far I've only watched "Knight of the North", "Having Caught A Glimpse", & "Heros And Dragons".

All I can say is BRAVO. Many Kudos to all involved. Very moving. Knight is very good on TIS, but live, it takes on a whole new quality. I especially like the interplay between Fre & David. Some of those harmony parts are - WOW.

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo.

Oh yeah, the autographed cover was a nice touch. Thanks to all.
David

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Wed May 10, 2006 9:51 am

On a personal note, I'd just like to express my appreciation to

Eri C Plaa

Paul Wall

Y Surly

Sisi Bu

S Bill

Mu Madises

and

Prince (nice symbol!)

for signing my DVD case.

At least the guys above went to the trouble, which is more than can be said for those Glass Hammer reprobates! :evil:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 am

SuperTed wrote:On a personal note, I'd just like to express my appreciation to

Eri C Plaa

Paul Wall

Y Surly

Sisi Bu

S Bill

Mu Madises

and

Prince (nice symbol!)

for signing my DVD case.

At least the guys above went to the trouble, which is more than can be said for those Glass Hammer reprobates! :evil:
Okay okay okay. So they weren't the prettiest autographs in the world. Some of us just arent' good with our hands!
S Bill
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Aswepe

Post by Aswepe » Wed May 10, 2006 10:29 am

Yeah, some of those signatures took a bit of work to figure out.
David

dr.amy

Post by dr.amy » Wed May 10, 2006 11:11 am

It's absolutely fabulous! I'm thrilled at the chance to savor the performance and realize that yes, it really was as amazing as I remembered! :P Great editing and extras, as well.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed May 10, 2006 11:41 am

Great to hear from Dr. amy!, and you are good with your hands Steve-on the important things anyway!!!!!