Wonderous Friday Surprise

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

pktheater
Amateur
Amateur

Wonderous Friday Surprise

Post by pktheater » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:58 pm

After a relatively long day Friday, I arrived home to find a strange gift had been left at my apartment door. Wrapped in a plastic shopping bag was a padded envelop. Inside that, two shrink-wrapped CD's from my favorite band: Glass Hammer.

So far, I've been listening to Lex Rex and remembering the wonderful concert just a few weekends removed. When I spoke with Steve, he mentioned that this was the best disc to date. I agree with him. I am finding it a delightfully strong disc. Next up in rotation is The Middle Earth Album. (Yes, I was painfully behind in my Glass Hammer. But I've been painfully behind in a lot of things, lately.)

I'm posting here instead of the Lex Rex forum due to the manner the discs were delivered to my home. Either my mailman is dangerously curious, or the packaging somehow exploded in transit. The end of the envelop was open and much of the stuffin' was coming out. Aside from two small cracks in the jewel cases, the actual contents were fine. I got everything I ordered.

Just thought the folks at GH HQ might want to know.

PKTheater ~ Darrell ~ Owein Merricke

Glorious

Re: Wonderous Friday Surprise

Post by Glorious » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:12 am

pktheater wrote:After a relatively long day Friday, I arrived home to find a strange gift had been left at my apartment door. Wrapped in a plastic shopping bag was a padded envelop. Inside that, two shrink-wrapped CD's from my favorite band: Glass Hammer.
Although my packages don't ever explode (I guess that's a veiled compliment to the postal service), I find that when I get a GH CD in the mail I explode until I can get it into my CD player! Perhaps your mail carrier is a fan? :D Was there a store logo on the plastic shopping bag? Hmmm, a clue.....
[i]Good philosophy must exist, if for no other reason, because bad philosophy needs to be answered. - C.S. Lewis[/i]