Good review from ProgressiveEars.com

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Reepicheep » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:55 am

Sometime in 2004- My husband however is working on my website, which should be done much sooner, and when it is, I'll post the URL.
Buster:"Sister is my new mother, Mother..."

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:02 pm

Will we be able to get it through this website?

April

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:04 pm

Someone just registered on ProgressiveEars.com with the screen name 'GlassHammer' ... anybody know who it was? Who's the guilty party? :lol:

April

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:43 pm

CanarioAB wrote:Someone just registered on ProgressiveEars.com with the screen name 'GlassHammer' ... anybody know who it was? Who's the guilty party? :lol:

April
Twas the Mayor :dance:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:57 pm

Apparenty it's the Dancing Mayor ;)

April

EIwing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Floba!

Post by EIwing » Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:19 pm

Floba's on the forum! Wheee!
Well... I thought it funny that whoever or whatever was all mixed up. No worries! So, did I miss your post on ProgressiveEars.com, Steve? I must say... I prefer the setup of GH's forum to PE's.
Its wild how many people have so many different opinions about the sound. I suppose its the fact that a venue's acoustics and 'sound dispensibility', as I call it :) , can vary so much. That's more shocking than the opinions. You would think that a room like that with a purpose that it has would be a little more acoustically even. :eyebrow: But that's not my usual mindset, so I'm moving on.
ANYWAY.
... When are we doing this again? :D :D :D :dance: :dance: :bunny: :D :D :D
Who do you think I'll be without you?

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Floba!

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:09 am

EIwing wrote:Floba's on the forum! Wheee!
... When are we doing this again? :D :D :D :dance: :dance: :bunny: :D :D :D
Hey,
We'll probably do this at Rhythm and Brews either later August or early September. I'm going to work on that this week. And if we do we will film it for DVD release! :sprite:
As for the sound? We'll never know I suppose. They don't come much better than Harry, but Harry keeps saying "I wished we'd had 5 more minutes". It was really a horrible way to push a band on stage, and I'd never ever let it happen again.
I just remember the 500 hands I shook after the show who loved the sound but don't post to prog-snobby forums and news groups. The silent majority has to count for something right?
Oh - and btw (in case I'm quoted) I happen to enjoy many of the prog-snobby forums :oops:
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:11 am

CanarioAB wrote:Will we be able to get it through this website?

April
We'll make sure everyone knows how to get a copy of Flo's album. I'll put up an MP3 as soon as we get the next one done...with Flo's permission of course :)
Steve

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:49 pm

lol... Steve file sharing flo's album without her knowledge... Now that would be funny. i think Fingolfin would have to take drastic measures. :lol:
Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:36 pm

How nice! 8)
Tell us more about the album: what kind of music, which instruments, who's playing?

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Reepicheep » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:11 am

Hmm, album style...I guess I would descirbe it as folk-rock, with a lot of other little influences.
So far, we've had Fred playing keys, and "other sounds" that come from a keyboard, as well as some accoustic guitar. Steve has contributed the bass thus far, (with the exception of one song that has a stand up bass). I also play keys, and accoustic guitar, and hopefully I'll find strings for my prized Bouzouki, so I can add a little of that too.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:53 pm

Sounds cool! I can't wait to hear the MP3.
Wow! A Bouzouki! What a nice instrument! I try to understand those "strings instruments" but so far I'm just able to place my fingers on the strings and hope that it won't sound too bad. I feel more comfortable with keys even though I've never learned to play the piano.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:16 pm

Reepicheep wrote:and hopefully I'll find strings for my prized Bouzouki, so I can add a little of that too.

Bouzouki? lol.... sounds like something you would blow stuff up with ;-)

:jedi:
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Reepicheep » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:00 pm

No, I can't blow anything up with it......YET!
No seriously, it it strictly a musical instrument, and it is from Greece..it looks kind of like a sitar(sp?).