Flo Paris Show

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Reepicheep
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Flo Paris Show

Post by Reepicheep » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:59 am

Hey folks, if anyone will be around, I'm playing at Cafe Mi Aroma in Chattanooga on Wednesday, October 18th at 8pm.
Buster:"Sister is my new mother, Mother..."

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:54 pm

I am not familiar with that place, but I will try to check it out! Will you have a few copies of your CD there?
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:09 am

That is a great place! i'm so happy you got a gig there, just too bad I've gotta work, maybe i can get someone to cover for me. do you know what time the show is? It is fairly small and intimate, i've eaten there alot, but never seen a show there. widh you could do two sets, may be one as early as 5pm or 6pm when its pretty crowded.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:10 am

Duh? i see now 8pm! I guess Elric will have to go in my stead. I do love you're CD though, and would love to hear some of this live.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:50 pm

Who will be accompanying you -your brother?, or possibly Fred?

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:07 pm

Bump! I'll be there...
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:03 pm

Just got back- Flo sounded excellent! Her voice was in great shape even after the previous night and she played some really good new songs that she says she'll be ready to start recording in the coming months.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:15 pm

I hate that I missed it, but I do have a REAL job, and I got to play roadie/groupie for 2 days, I had to go back top the real world. Elric said it was great-glad that the band/GH fans showed up.

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:26 am

Aye, Flo's voice sounded great. I really liked the song "Maybe". I wish you well Flo with this CD. Flo is not too shabby on the acoustic either. :wink:
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

Rjamesvln

Re: Flo Paris Show

Post by Rjamesvln » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:41 pm

Reepicheep wrote:Hey folks, if anyone will be around, I'm playing at Cafe Mi Aroma in Chattanooga on Wednesday, October 18th at 8pm.
Hey! I didn't even see this thread until now (I'm not so savy with the forum yet) and if I had realized that you were playing at Cafe Mi Aroma LAST NIGHT I would have been there. I'm so sorry, Flo! I'm so sorry I missed it and that I wasn't paying closer attention to these details. argh... :cry:

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:38 am

I'm sorry I missed it too Flo-had to work. Elric said it was great.I like you're CD more the more I listen to it. You're songwriting is really strong!, always knew I loved you're voice. I wish you and the CD great success.Peace,David.

Lelulily

Post by Lelulily » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:37 am

Hey Flo, thanks for the album. I LOVE it. I have listened to it over and over again. I just cry at the beauty of your lyrics and your honesty. You have a gift, my friend, to encourage and challange through your music... (plus the music is really pretty) :) I will tell everyone I know to check out your cd. I am a FLO FAN!
I seriously have woken up singing "IF". Thanks for letting me wake up on a good note.

Joe-×
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Joe-× » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:05 pm

I've got to agree with David and Lelulily. Flo's disc is a treat. I'm really fond of Not I - it's a delightfully humble song. The Love That We Found is another great song - "'Cause life is more than good jobs" is something that can't be said enough in this practice room.