Heroes at NBC - Season 2! Spoilers!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Thu May 10, 2007 10:58 pm

Little clarification on how it all works in the future and stuff by Tim Buckley (artist of Ctrl-Alt-Del, awesome guy)
irst of all, in the events as they originally ran their course, Future Hiro tried to stab Sylar but it had no effect because Sylar had killed Claire at the homecoming and taken her power. So Future Hiro said screw that, went back in time and told Peter to save the cheerleader. He went back to his own time expecting things to be right as rain, except now the only thing that's different is that Claire is alive and in hiding (which is why she's now alive for Sylar to take her power when we saw it five years in the future), but Sylar is still alive. Fortunately for Future Hiro, Present Hiro shows up on his doorstep. So Future Hiro sends Present Hiro back with the second part of the mission. Now that Claire is saved, Present Hiro needs to kill Sylar. Presumably before he assumes Nathan's identity and they lose track of who Sylar really is (just a guess on my part there).

So there aren't "multiple time lines". There is a single time line, changes in the now cause changes in the future. They changed the future by saving Claire, but not enough to stop the bomb. That's why Hiro and Ando were confused that New York was still devastated, and went to Isaac to find out what happened in the days leading up to the election that they did wrong. So they could go back and fix it.

As far as Peter's scar, I have received word that it is not in fact a mistake, and that it's just something that hasn't been explained to us yet. Peter does have regeneration, and yet he still gets the scar, and we'll find out how/why later on in the series. So that takes care of that question.

(I'm not just hypothesizing here. This stuff is paraphrased from a Q&A with some of the show's writers/producers.)

theres a link here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ ... i?id=10490

It has lotsa stuff about Heroes. it also has stuff about Marvel, including their plans to make another Hulk movie, but actually make it good, and possibly making X-men 4.

Sylar vs. Peter for episode 23! woohoo!

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Mon May 14, 2007 9:02 pm

Ah, great episode. Man... I love Sylar.

Jessica's "Didn't I throw you out of a window?" is probably the best line in Heroes yet.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon May 14, 2007 9:41 pm

Okay episode- but everything is starting to get hurried again.

then they make a weird sequence of suresh, the girl, mr bennet, and parkman

why didnt she recognize parkman?

coolest part of that episode, is when mr lindermann is killed by tractor beam to the head (ala the borg dissecting part of the saucer section of the Enterprise to analyze it)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon May 21, 2007 9:03 pm

Oh man! THERES MORE?!?!?!?

OMG! I though that was the end of the show! I had no idea there was more!

Sylar isn't DEAD?!!?!??! :shock:

Still, I was kinda disappointed with the episode.

I keep comparing them all to 'Company Man'
Brian Nielsen

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Mon May 21, 2007 9:13 pm

Wow... that was one of the most dissapointing season finales ever. I thought that when the director of a show run by Marvel said there would be a fight.... that there would be a fight, not a few punches and a stab. Nothing really happened at all. Nathan died. That's pretty much it.

Also, with the whole "Save the Cheerleader, save the world thing", the only instance where she was needed was when Peter almost died with the glass in his head. So... maybe she was needed so that Peter would survive his fall to save the world again?

5 Years Gone is still the best episode.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Mon May 21, 2007 10:10 pm

No way man- Company Man was better
Brian Nielsen

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue May 22, 2007 7:32 am

Laaaaaame!!!!

No, the one thing that happened was that Nathan actually made some use of his ability to fly, such that he was not the completely lamest character ever. Other than that... yeah, lame.

I am disappointed in you, Heroes.

*especically* for bringing back that stupid tagline which is NOT COOL! It is, in fact, INCREDIBLY LAME!!! Please KILL it! Forever!!!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:10 am

Season 2!

so should we start speculating right away or do some of you want to watch the first episode of season 2, if you didn't already?
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:31 pm

All the stories about Kensei are going to be tasks for Hiro. He'll either do them or convince Kensei to. Nathan will be walking around with an evil Nathan creepyguy haunting him, as we saw when he looked in the mirror.

Hopefully there will be less omgdrama at Claire's school. I'm watching Heroes, not the OC...

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:27 pm

So Bennet will get killed, and there's a blonde woman involved, as seen in the painting.

Let's see, Claire, Nikki, Mrs. Bennet, Claire's biological mother.

I'm guessing it'll be one of the last two. Probably Mrs. Bennet.

Thimon
Professional
Professional

Post by Thimon » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:26 pm

Well it looks kinda like Claire kissing with the new kiddo.

Peter is going on the evil tour... but will find out his identity one day.

hiro's job is done. time to return.

sylar needs to heal to get back into killing on a larger scale.
"Are you on the list?"
- Heroes

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:15 am

I just started watching the dvd's from season one. I have to admit I'm getting hooked, and thoruoghly confused at the same time. Just watched the "six months ago episode"-very interesting, but didn't clear up much. Should I be this confused? I'm kinda slow! And yes, I'm sick of "Save the Cheerleader",Save the World" tagline already!!!! I saw some of this weeks episode-was that week two or three? I personally don't care for Nathan or Peter, Hiro and Nikki/Rebecca are the most interesting fer sure!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:00 am

Just wait till you watch Company Man, fantastic ep!

****SPOILERS****

Did anyone notice Peter's tatoo fade, but while it was fading, it turned into the 'Great Ability' symbol?
Brian Nielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:15 am

******SPOILERS******You're right-Company Man ROCKED!!!!!!, and so did the next episode-"Parasite". Probably the two best so far! I'm up to discs 6 & 7-Am I gonna be disappointed with the whole Exploding Man ending? And what's with Ted? I forget the specifics about him-he just showed back up! Were him and his wife the first experiments or something?Did I dose off during that episode?
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:31 am

Wait... experiments?

LOL! you *really* missed the whole point - these abilities were all supposedly naturual, not experiments on them lol.

Ted was just paranoid about it.
Brian Nielsen