General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:35 am

I sure don't remember that. It has to be a new bombshell revelation. It's kind of a corny soap opera twist and super cool all at the same time. Being Jack's brother isn't helping him much- Jack obviously knows what he's about. And obviously dad is all up in it too. I bet in the long run dad turns out to be a good guy though.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

rufusboy

Post by rufusboy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:31 pm

Graham = Gray Bauer is a new revelation. My wife and I both gasped out loud!
"But he's eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil!!" :evil:

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:41 pm

I'm just glad it wasn't his real life dad.

He creeps me out too much. I never noticed how much he and Kiefer look alike.
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:34 pm

Oh man, Steve and I were both bummed it didn't turn out to be Donald. That would have been the coolest thing ever.

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:43 pm

Yea it would been nice, I guess, then you would have the grandfather/father/daughter thing, but meh... he still creeps me out. Although it might be good that in 24 he would be creepy. W/e
[color=darkred][i][b]Do a barrel roll![/b][/i][/color]

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:48 pm

I have to say, I didn't see Curtis' death coming.
FredProgGH wrote:Dude, I'm telling you, Tivo (or equivalent DVR). They have dual tuners so you can record two shows at the same time, you aren't burning media all the time and the quality is great.
A neighbor who had Tivo told me that Tivo won't work without being connected to your landline. Since I don't have one (my only phone's a cellphone), that killed it for me. Is this true for DVR as well? And I can think of a few times when being able to record two shows that are on opposite each other would REALLY help.

Case in point--NBC has scheduled Heroes opposite 24! I'll just have to wait and see if the Sci-Fi channel telecasts the same Heroes episode this Friday that NBC telecast last night. Wish I'd had that capability back in, oh, 1978 or so?, when that same NBC scheduled "Invisible Man" opposite ABC's "Space: 1999."

(I'm dating myself now, eh? :shock: Yeah, I'm a sci-fi nut from waaaaay back.)
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:00 pm

Well, in the case of the Comcast DVR you already have a subscription and connection by definition. I imagine that's right about Tivo though- they want you to subscribe to a service, didn't know there was no option. that kind of sucks. I think there are DVR's you can get that don't require subscriptions though. Five bucks a month for the Comast box is super worth it though. (Plus I'm watching 24 and Lost in HD- nyaa! :P :D )

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:40 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Oh man, Steve and I were both bummed it didn't turn out to be Donald. That would have been the coolest thing ever.
I agree-Don with long stringy white hair-all strung out on alcohol or drugs. But in the last interview I saw with Keifer(and Charlie Rose), I got the impression Dad and son aren't too tight!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:43 pm

Case in point--NBC has scheduled Heroes opposite 24! I'll just have to wait and see if the Sci-Fi channel telecasts the same Heroes episode this Friday that NBC telecast last night. Wish I'd had that capability back in, oh, 1978 or so?, when that same NBC scheduled "Invisible Man" opposite ABC's "Space: 1999."

(I'm dating myself now, eh? :shock: Yeah, I'm a sci-fi nut from waaaaay back.)[/quote]

If they're showing "Heroes" on sci-fi on fridays, I'll have to check it out. Never seen it, but have heard sooooooo much. Will I be lost, or can i pick it up?
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:37 pm

Anyone else bored now? The first episode was alright, but I think it's just going downhill. It's not 24 without the originals like Tony... I keep watching out of curiosity to see if anything exciting happens, like if they bring back old characters. That's what makes it good, the continuous arc throughout the seasons, not a new one each season.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:59 am

I was getting a little bored, but last night's two-hour episode was pretty cool-or at least what I saw of it. His Dad is REALLY evil. I'm anxious to see how they develop Powers Boothe as the VP. It's hard to keep basically the same story with different characters every year fresh. I think the whole angle with Jack's family is cool and different, but the whole mutiny of the presidency's been done already. We'll see-verdict's still out.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:02 am

I'm enjoying the show a lot, but it is a drag that so many great characters aren't around any more. I do think it has gone down hill relative to previous seasons- it's hard to keep a concept like that fresh- but I'm having fun. It's getting all soap-opera this year, which is cool. They do have some drama going on between Jack and his father that has the potential to get pretty intense. The "conspiracy in the White House" angle is pretty played out, unless they come up with a major twist. I personally think Dragonslayer will crack before too long and get whacked by the vice pres. O'Brian will nobly sacrifice himself, probably saving Chloe, who will feel really bad because she has hooked up with Jack. Although now it looks like Jack will hook up with ex-flame widowed sister-in-law. Tough call. :D :D

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Whatever happend to Audrey. She's not and old school 24 character, but she's at least been around since season 4. I stil think 4 was the best season.

rufusboy

Post by rufusboy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Audrey is supposed to make an appearance this season - but not for long. There is information about upcoming developments (without really spoiling anything) at http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Inter ... 0435C13126}

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:23 pm

*** SPOILER FOR TONIGHT'S EPISODE (2/19) ***

They brought Logan back! How frickin' cool is that!! :D :D This season is so soap opera- I love it. Who wants to start a pool on how long before Jack has to bust a cap on his own dad.