General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:11 am

I told you he was coming back. Meh, I still gotta watch it. It's after midnight.... but there's no school tomorrow... muahaha...

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:31 am

FredProgGH wrote:*** SPOILER FOR TONIGHT'S EPISODE (2/19) ***

Who wants to start a pool on how long before Jack has to bust a cap on his own dad.
I think they'll drag that out as long as possible. He'll have to torture him to the max first!Last night's episode was great-its picking up steam!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:15 pm

Jack's dad is like Henderson in season 5. He's bad, then he's good, then he's bad, then he's good,..., then he's dead.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:20 pm

Rumpska wrote:Jack's dad is like Henderson in season 5. He's bad, then he's good, then he's bad, then he's good,..., then he's dead.
Don't think He'll ever turn good-unless its on his death bed!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:41 pm

If they find any way to make him remotely sympathetic at this point it would be one of the most amazing bits of writing ever. the guy was ready to frag his teenage grandson! The fact he didn't shoot Jack in the head and, I guess, helped lead him to Logan doesn't really buy him any good-guy points.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:03 am

But... he's farmer Hogget... that's definately soom good guy points. Of course he is actually bad, but I'm guessing their gonna try to make him a good guy for a while b4 he backstabs Jack... of course Jack would gank him then.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:08 am

Glory Haleljuah-George Logan has been saved and redeemed! We'll see!Good show last night, but Prison Break was much better!!!!!

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:39 pm

Anyone spot Denethor in last weeks previews? I'm pretty sure I saw him. Jack may well "burn like the pagan king's of old"! :lol:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Indeed, John Noble now plays a Russian guy. I like him hehe. He's creepy and dark.

And he has baggy cheeks, that's weird.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:25 am

Did anyone see this coming?-the ex-pres.'s wife, coming back, and ouch,the knife in the carotid artery!Cooooooooooool! Definetely, the best twist so far, even though it has little if anything to do with the plot. First 45min. was booooooooooooooring, the last 15-about the best of the whole season so far, still not near as good as last year though.

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:09 am

Well.... they showed the knife about 10 times up close before that happened, so it wasn't really a surprise anymore.

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:36 am

Thank goodness they finally brought Audrey back. Now maybe it will be a little more interesting. So far I think this is the worst season out of all of them.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:49 pm

As much as I hate to agree,it is mind-boggling how many re-done re-hashed plot lines from previous years have shown up-esp.last night.I personally dont care for Audrey-but now it will be all about Audrey vs. the nukes-and who do you think wins in Jack's eyes?Yeah-its mostly rubbish, and then we STILL have to look at little Ricky-will someone please kill hi, off already!I'm still not giving up-its to the end with me and Jack. But if next years's wrirting is near the bad and re-hashed, I'll have to throw in the towel. It had 5 great seasons at least!!!

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:08 am

I watched the last two weeks' episodes back-to-back earlier this week. And I gotta agree with yeshead--I've seen this plot before, where it looks like the bad guys have been put away for good and then the writers throw in a curve to stretch the show out more. I mean, WHAT purpose is served by having Audrey pop in at this time?

There are some shows that, IMO, bear repeated watching, but this isn't one of them.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:10 am

Yeah-I feel like the actors are trying really hard, and they've had some good special guests,even Ricky Shroeder isn't too bad, but they've gone from one of the best seasons(if not best since the first)to the worst.The writing just isn't fresh, so they gotta keep repeating plot lines,stretching it out, and bringing back characters that have nothing to do with the plot-like Audrey! I loved when Martha and the ex.pres were back, and she stabbed him, but then they were forgotten about-and really had VERY little to do with the plot. We'll see-I gotta stick with it-too far into it. Maybe they'll pull it out with something really fresh! That Keifer is a rich genius!