General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:15 pm

It's picking up a little for the final 3 or 4 episodes! Audrey's father(William DeVane)just delivered a great line to Jack to end tonight's show-"Jack, you are cursed, everyone you come in contact with dies!" Well,duh? As long as HE doesn't die, then there goes the show. I think it probably only has a year or two left anyway-this year's ratings must be down drastically from last year!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:58 pm

And now they're cramming it all into 3 episodes.

Well.... maybe not, they don't really have much to cram this season. Stupid 24...

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:41 pm

Glad its finally over!!!What a disappointing finale. Don't know if I'll ever go back and watch this season on DVD or not. I'm sure it helps alot to watch it at a faster pace, than waiting a week for every episode-first time I've watched the whole day(season) since Season One! But this year seemed really weak, and the ending was very anti-climatic, and extremely perdictable. My favorite moment still was when the ex-Pres.'s wife stabbed the ex-Pres. Obviously, there is a next season planned, and I'm not sure how this year's ratings went, but its gonna have to be remarkably better next year, or it SHOULD be the last year!We'll see.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue May 22, 2007 12:43 am

Yeah, all in all that was really lame. Happy endings all around, the bad guys got theirs and no unpredictable twists. So Audrey is in a coma and Jack's conflicted- big deal. Chloe was a totally predictable attempt to pump up the drama. They did let Doyle say "dammit" though.

Next year EVERYONE needs to die horribly in the first five minutes and he (Doyle) needs to get really crazy, Rambo style, in China. With one eye. Jack needs to use that gun and jump off the cliff. Wuss. :P

You know what could happen is Josh Bauer might go a little crazy though- it runs in the family. That would be cool. :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue May 22, 2007 12:45 am

One other thing- Tom Lennox should get his own show. He's just a manipulating bastard behind the throne with a heart of gold. He's like a modern day White House eunuch. I'd watch his show :D :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 22, 2007 7:53 pm

FredProgGH wrote:One other thing- Tom Lennox should get his own show. He's just a manipulating bastard behind the throne with a heart of gold. He's like a modern day White House eunuch. I'd watch his show :D :D
Peter McNichol is a phenomenal actor-in whatever role,and He was perfect in this one,and I do hope they broaden his role next year.Maybe Jack will disappear for good, or most of the season, and let the nephew take over.I've never seen so many other great actors wasted in one season.Poor Ricky will need some serious plastic surgery!

Rumpska
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Rumpska » Tue May 22, 2007 8:15 pm

Ugh.

That's all I have to say.