GHfan.net gets a makeover!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

GHfan.net gets a makeover!

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:20 am

GHfan.net now has a bright, alive new look! :cool: Go see! Feedback would be appreciated, if you have any. (Think the top nav bar too long or too short? Or just right? :eyebrow:)
:dance: :dance: :dance:
http://www.ghfan.net
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:45 am

Any chance the rest of the band/singers can be added to the pics on the main page? Maybe a pic of Walter on guitar instead of drums? Just my $.02. I like the yellow/orange nav bar and top, brightens up the page!

April

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:08 am

Yeah, I'll get around to making a new entry graphic. That was the first thing I did for this site, way back last fall before I even knew that Bethany, Matt, Eric, and Flo even existed, and I had very little idea what color scheme I would really end up using. I was going to wait until I could change it before I put up the newsite design, but I was too impatient to wait.

Is the background of stars being weird for anyone else? The darker stars I mean, not the slightly lighter one where the text goes. For me, it either only shows black for the background, or shows stars partway down and then switches to black.
Last edited by Sam Gamgee on Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:13 am

Sorry, I don't see Matt anywhere! I can faintly see the girls to the right on the top nav bar, but I was referring more to the collage behind the logo, with the black background. With that hair, I'm sure it's Walter on drums! I just think it would be cool to see Walter on guitar, with Matt on drums, on the main collage with the black background. Or maybe Walter singing? Again, just my $.02.

April

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:14 am

That's weird, the messages posted changed while I was typing!?!?

April

CanarioAB
Professional
Professional

Post by CanarioAB » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:16 am

Weird, why was I posted as a guest??? Maybe coz I went to the posting directly from the email link? And of course Eric should be there too! (oops :oops: ) Gotta get those number of posts up there, Sam's leaving us all in the dust (even Steve!)

April

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:54 pm

Yeah, sorry bout that. For some reason, my reading comprehension skills are a bit slow today or somthing because apparently i can't understand simple english. I responded to your message once, and then realized i had misunderstood you, and then edited it, and realized you were still talking about something completely different, so then I changed it to what it is now. (and school starts in thee weeks... whooo, that's going to be real fun reading locke, marx, dostoyevsky, and rousseau, when i can't even understand a simple post!)

That's right, I'm leaving you WAY behind in the dust!! in fact, you can't even eat my dust because my huge dust cloud passed by you before you were even registered! ahaha! :dance: What's up now, huh? Huh? ;)

(It just goes to show who was WAY too much free time. Adn who doesn't really understand the fine line between "obsession" and "insanity". Well, actually, there isn't one because you can be both at the same time! Ha! I'm living proof!)

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:59 pm

Aw, man! we just passed the 1000 post mark and we didn't even celebrate! Well, :cheers: here's the the forum!

Fingolfin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Fingolfin » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:36 am

Pass the miruvor! :cheers:
Fingolfin beheld the ruin of the Noldor. Filled with wrath and despair he rode forth alone. A madness of rage was upon him; his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.
He came alone to Angband and challenged Morgoth to single combat.

And Morgoth came.