New Glass Hammer

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:43 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote: I don't like prog-metal, but I do like the harder-edged bands like Opeth, Deven Townsend, Porcupine Tree and Mew.
Peace :D
Erm.... I kinda thought Opeth and PT were considered Prog metal.... :? But whatever, just glad to see you spread your horizons more than I do. I can barely stand anything metal sounding nowadays (except DT, just because I know them so well).....

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:55 pm

Shadoshi wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote: I don't like prog-metal, but I do like the harder-edged bands like Opeth, Deven Townsend, Porcupine Tree and Mew.
Peace :D
Erm.... I kinda thought Opeth and PT were considered Prog metal.... :? But whatever, just glad to see you spread your horizons more than I do. I can barely stand anything metal sounding nowadays (except DT, just because I know them so well).....
It's very hard for me to get past the growls in Opeth's music-but some of the music is so incredibly tight and inventive, and the "clean" vocals are very goo. I highly recommend "Damnation" to you, and The Mars Volta's "Deloused in the comatorium."
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:59 pm

Check out Blackfield too-its alot like PT's softer stuff. If you've ever heard the PT song "Lazarus" and like it you'll love Blackfield. Steven Wilson is a musical genius.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:59 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:
Thimon wrote:I will certainly be surprised by the music, no doubt.
But I have one very simple question..

Is it a concept album?

Everything You Say Can and May be Used Against You... :twisted: :lol:
Kidding
The new album is 'not' a concept album. Though some of the songs may have a slight connection lyricially - its probably nothing anyone would pick up on though.
And to answer a previous question....
Currently (this past year) enjoying but perhaps not influenced by...
...Frost

Still not listening to neo....

OOOH! I love FROST* it's a shame they probably won't make another album again. Just a fantastic album with lots of imagry and different musical styles. HIGHLY recommended for anyone.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03