American Idol?

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

American Idol?

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:18 pm

So does nobody care anymore? We're like 4 or 5 weeks into this thing and no thread yet-guess I have to start it! Where's Reepicheep on this one? Anyway-so far I am NOT impressed. Haven't heard the girls much yet-but the guys are so SUB PAR it ain't funny. That guy Sundance souded great at initial auditions, and He's sucked ever since. Anybody watching?And BTW-somebody definetely did an intervention with Paula-cause she seems super SOBER! How boring!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:58 pm

There are rumors Paula is going to get sacked. They need someone who actually knows something about music. I bet they tap Olivia newton-John or Carol King full time. That has to be why they were there at the auditions.

Yeah, the guys are lackluster. I actually like beat-box guy. He has a nice mellow Sting-like voice. He'd be good in a band. And I love Chis Sligh, he's just cool and really comfortable as a performer, but his song wasn't so great. The last guy, the bald serviceman dude was good but not spectacular. He smoked everyone else for that night though, as far as power goes.

It's gotta be a girl this year.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:50 pm

Hmm, and black girl at that- all the guys and white girls might as well go home right now *lol* Except for the chick with the tongue stud and the hair- she's really good. I like her attitude too.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:13 am

Will somebody please just slap Paula off the show?? She is completely clueless.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:48 am

FredProgGH wrote:Will somebody please just slap Paula off the show?? She is completely clueless.
Cause they took her happy juice away!, so she could try and keep her job. She's much more interesting when she's slurring her speech, or falling over the table or Randy.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:24 pm

Did Kelly Pickler buy a new set of... uh, you know... :shock:

She needs to find a George Burns because she's a great Gracie Allen.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:33 pm

Got to hear most of the guys tonight, and WAS NOT impressed at all. I still kinda like the tall bald guy that seems to go last every week, and I can't help but like Sundance-the second half or so of the Pearl Jam song He did was pretty rocking-the rest-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:51 am

yeshead 777 wrote:Got to hear most of the guys tonight, and WAS NOT impressed at all. I still kinda like the tall bald guy that seems to go last every week, and I can't help but like Sundance-the second half or so of the Pearl Jam song He did was pretty rocking-the rest-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
I thought the whole thing was boring and awful except that I like the Beat-box guy. I can't believe they let some of those guys make it through - there had to have been better singers. There's only one actual 'entertainer' in the bunch.
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 am

Beat Box Guy is cool and could probably have a career out side the show- he won't win. I still like Chris Sligh. He has a good voice and a good stage presence. The guy needs a band. But most of them are going home.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Sundance is gone, as He well should have been for that horrid"Jeremy"from Pearl Jam.

Flo Paris

Post by Flo Paris » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:04 pm

I actually haven't seen any episodes of American Idol this season! Nope-not a one!!
That's because we only have antenna TV now.
we only really get one channel and we barely get that.
We get all of our shows off of iTunes now anyway, like The Office and 30 Rock..
"Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?"

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:22 am

The three African-american girls took it last night-pretty obvious, since it was "Diana Ross" night. The local guy-Phil Stacey(graduated from Lee University in Cleveland,TN.-home of the great choir that performed w/ GH last October), did well though IMO, he really does have a good voice(soooooooooo much beter than Taylor hicks-but then who doesn't), definitely one of the better guys, but it will come down to the final 3 or 4-all females, for sure! I still like Gina-the punk chic too.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue May 08, 2007 8:28 pm

Fred's Final Four Four Second Review:

Jordin- will likely be one of the best singers on the planet by the time she's 21 but too inconsistent- though based on looks and youth appeal, could very well win.

Blake- the coolest; actually is an artist and generally has great ideas. Didn't like what he did with You Should Be Dancing but I thought the second song was a great arrangement idea if honed a little more. Likely won't win but could have the best actual career by far.

Lakeesha- meh, I'm over it. Has great pipes but is inconsistent and brings nothing new to the table.

Melinda- takes it if Jordin doesn't pull an upset. Consistently great and makes me enjoy songs I hate just because she does them so well. But, may be too old fashioned to win it.

If I were an oddsmaker based on tonight I would say:

Jordin- 2:1 odds
Melinda 3:1
Blake 5:1
Lakeesha- goes home (10:1)

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:35 pm

I'd switch Blake and LaKeesha-mainly because I don't get the whole beat-box thing, and does He really deserve credit for the arrangements anyway-or those on staff helping him. I think He'll go home next week, LaKeesha next, hope Jordin pulls the upset, but Doolittle probably wins it all!!!They both are naturals though, and should be a great final duel!!!!!Jordin has always been my fav though!

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed May 09, 2007 9:18 pm

There's no doubt in my mind Blake is coming up with those arrangements- I remember him explaining the whole thing to Peter Noone that week he did the Zombies song.

Does anyone besides me think it's cruel to let them sing a goodbye song and then make it the song that got them kicked off every week??

"Here one last time to remind you of the lousy performance that got her sh!tcanned off the show is- LAKEESHA!!" Dude! :D