American Idol?

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu May 10, 2007 8:04 am

FredProgGH wrote:There's no doubt in my mind Blake is coming up with those arrangements- I remember him explaining the whole thing to Peter Noone that week he did the Zombies song.

Does anyone besides me think it's cruel to let them sing a goodbye song and then make it the song that got them kicked off every week??

"Here one last time to remind you of the lousy performance that got her sh!tcanned off the show is- LAKEESHA!!" Dude! :D
Crueler for some than others!
Has anyone noticed that Bucky from last year has a big country deal? Anyone surprised? Same with Miss Pickler of course, but then we could all see that coming.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:30 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
FredProgGH wrote:There's no doubt in my mind Blake is coming up with those arrangements- I remember him explaining the whole thing to Peter Noone that week he did the Zombies song.

Does anyone besides me think it's cruel to let them sing a goodbye song and then make it the song that got them kicked off every week??

"Here one last time to remind you of the lousy performance that got her sh!tcanned off the show is- LAKEESHA!!" Dude! :D
Crueler for some than others!
Has anyone noticed that Bucky from last year has a big country deal? Anyone surprised? Same with Miss Pickler of course, but then we could all see that coming.

First off-its great to have you back Steve-hope you're feeling much better,you and Julie were miseed at CGT-You have to make it next time!Anyway,I have always thought it was so twisted and cruel to make them not only sing a parting song, bu the one that got them sh!tcanned(as you said)in the first place-and also hurry it up, or we'll cut you off at the end. Must have been Simon Cowell's idea, but hey-once again He was right about LaKeesha! We all know its Blake next, and the duel between Jordin and Melinda-who are equally nice,humble, and talented, so it makes it kinda hard, but I've been rootin' for Jordin from Day One!It helps a little I guess knowing Blake is doing his arrangements, I just don't get it I guess.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:34 pm

Unfortunsately I hear Ms.Pickler's CD almost every day from my daughter's room, Carrie Underwood's is not too bad, but I can only stand about 1 or 2 of Pickler's. If they get Bucky's CD, I might have to ban it from the house(at least when I'm there!).The inside joke at my house with my oldest two if they bring home or play something inappropriate,just plain horrible, or play it over and over and over-like kids do-I threaten to put on some YES or Flower Kings!!!!!They scream (in unison)-NO DADDY, NOT YES!!!! P.S. I'd rather have Sanjayeh's(sp?)upcoming CD, then Bucky's!!!!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:33 pm

Can't believe Melinda is out, and Blake is in the final! What a crock of #$@&. He'll probably win-someone take the phones away from all of the 13-15year old girls next week-and Jordin might win!

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu May 17, 2007 10:07 am

I like Blake. I think he has real talent and possibly the best chance to be a legitimate star out of anyone who's even been on the show- i.e., he seems most like a person who could have made it on his own, without the show. But I didn't expect him to go through. Melinda was my girl. Anyway, it's a lock now- Jordin will win. She's a great singer, she has a great look and all the little girls identify with her. It's a fairy-tale princess story.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:02 pm

And I like the fact that shes not a little southern blonde stick chick either. Do you believe she's being called obese?, And the poster child(young woman)for big-boned women,etc.I caught a blip of a talk show where some aneroxic stick woman was saying that she was going to be a bad role model cause when she looks at her she sees diabetes,heart disease,etc.-what a crock! I think she looks great!, but you know her personal trainer will get her on a weight loss program first thing for that first album cover. Anyway, she happens to have an incredible voice and will do well. Hope you're right about Blake-not a bad guy,decent singer, i just don't get the beat-box thing(i know-broken record).

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue May 22, 2007 8:45 pm

Well, they scoured the Earth for a song called "This Is My Now." Are you %@%@$@% kidding me. Still, it was definitely a song to make 17 year old fairy tale princess girls cry when they sing it :D :D Good call by Jordin. She wins by a mile, Blake has a great career doing his thing, life is good for all concerned.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue May 22, 2007 9:15 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Well, they scoured the Earth for a song called "This Is My Now." Are you %@%@$@% kidding me. Still, it was definitely a song to make 17 year old fairy tale princess girls cry when they sing it :D :D Good call by Jordin. She wins by a mile, Blake has a great career doing his thing, life is good for all concerned.
The new song is at least as bad as last year's. What a bummer for Blake.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 22, 2007 10:57 pm

Don't remember last year's song, but this one was HORRIBLE! Actually,his bonJovi song was better the second time, and I didn't care for Jordin's Christina song-but I still think she'll win-but it will be closer than you think. Anyway, I hope they don't try to smut her up too bad, her innocence and humility so far is what is so appealing about her!