4%
Mocin matië i andamunar ar tusturë.
3%

Total votes: 78

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:10 am

So I'm taking it as a side project without Walsh-and not labled as a "Kansas"CD. Sounds interesting, just curious why He isn't involved.Ya think KL is part of the collaboration process? If He is, could be really good, if He isn't ????????.Billy's vocals have been good live, but whose doing the songwriting.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 am

Just picked up "Vinyl confessions" at Mckay;s for 9bucks! Been looking for this for awhile. I love the whole album, except maybe "Play on".Boy, Robbie is non-existent though-maybe that's why he quit soon after heh?
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:33 pm

Kansas will be playing at Wild Bill's (http://www.wildbillsatlanta.com) this Friday evening. I last saw the band just two months ago, and so you might be wondering "why again so soon?" Well, at that show (in Greenville, SC) I took along a few folks who are not diehard Wheatheads; got a few odd glances as I sang along with every word of every song. Also, they didn't want to be stageside. This time, I'll have other hardcores along for the ride. :D

For the Greenville show, some real rarities were dusted down. They opened the show with "I Can Fly" which segued into "Desperate Times," and also played "Ghosts" with the chorus of "Rainmaker" sandwiched in." "Musicatto" was also played. It was the first time I had heard any of those songs live, and verily I was a-stoun-ded. Hope I'll hear them again.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mflorio » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:32 pm

For anyone who hasn't gotten this yet:

The new 30th anniversary release of "Two for the Show" is an absolute home run! Includes a whole extra disc of material recorded during the same 77-78 tour. Remastering sounds great too!

Mike
http://www.massdream.com

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:01 pm

mflorio wrote:For anyone who hasn't gotten this yet:

The new 30th anniversary release of "Two for the Show" is an absolute home run! Includes a whole extra disc of material recorded during the same 77-78 tour. Remastering sounds great too!

Mike
Yeah, this set is a must for any Kansas fan. Come on, ten bonus tracks, all high quality live recordings? A no brainer. This was a good set to begin with, but with all the extra songs, it's now one of the all-time great live sets, it's that good! Nice liner notes and photos too, though a few too many shirtless photos, lol! :lol:
And now for something completly different

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Re: Kansas

Post by Japes » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:I love Kansas. Second favorite prog band. Anyone else here agree? You have to love Point of Know Return! That's an awesome song! and Closet Chronicles, and Nobody's Home! those are my main favorites.
But Dust in the Wind, Angels Have Fallen, Carry on Wayward Son, Cheyenne Anthem, and Miracles out of Nowhere are awesome too.

The only thing with Kansas is that they have their few throwaway tracks each album... or is it just me? Like *shudder* People of the south wind! Yuck yuck yuck!! That's so horribly eighties and eeew!!! i also hate What's on My Mind and the Devil Game, to mention a few more... :-p

But the good songs make it all worth it. my favorite album is Piont of Know Return, then Leftoverture. We also have Masque, Monolith and Song for America, but I don't listen to them as much. I just have a big mix of Kansas songs on my iTunes playlist... I haven't listened to it in a while and I'm just realizing how much i miss it.

So what are everyone else's thoughts on the matter?

Wait, you don't listen to Masque as much?!?!?!

SHUN YOU!!!! =)

MASQUE HAS THE PINNACLE!!!!!! (sorry for caps, but the pinnacle deserves all caps, almost as much as Glass Hammer +10 brownie points... maybe)

Anywho, as you can probably tell, Masque is my favorite album, mainly for the Pinnacle.
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:37 am

Hello there Japes.

I am a huge fan of Kansas- seen them about 26 times, and have their entire catalouge.

I ususally get to meet a few of the guys after a show since my aunt knows them well.
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:57 am

I don't really LIKE pinnacle. (No caps.) :P I mean, it's ok, I guess, but CARRY ON WAYWARD SON is the best Kansas song ever ever ever, although Glimpse of Home is also pretty rocking. I like to belt them out while doing dishes.

Brian might be a little crazy, because the sound tech didn't know who he was when I mentioned him at a Kansas concert a few years ago, but I walked off with the autographed drumsticks, so it worked. ;)

[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:51 pm

I haven't had the ability to really go to any live concerts (no license yet), but to actually talk to Kansas? That would be so cool. Just talking to GH members on a forum gives me goosebumps.

Oh, and it's not that I don't like Carry On My Wayward Son, I, in fact, love it, I just think that it, similarly to Point of Know Return, was written more to please the general listener than to please the band (those that are written by the band for the band, I think, give more of a unique and tasteful feel). (That has got to be the worst run-on...) Don't get me wrong, I listen to that song VERY often, I just think The Pinnacle is a little more unique. =)
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:22 am

I've played the keys most of my 26 year life, and I can play almsot any Kansas song, start to finish by memory, and not too badly either
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03