Mocin matië i andamunar ar tusturë.
3%

Total votes: 78

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Tue May 09, 2006 9:10 pm

Ive been to like...25 kansas shows

I always likes when the would use just 'howlin at the moon' to segue into The Wall
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Losfer Words
Amateur
Amateur
Location: hanging from the cobwebs in your mind, looks like a long long way to fall

Post by Losfer Words » Tue May 09, 2006 10:43 pm

I think the best Kansas concert I saw is when they toured with Heart, audio visions tour. Ann and Nancy Wilson came out and did several songs with them on their set and some of the Kansas members sat in on Hearts set. Imagine Steve Walsh and Ann Singing Dog and Butterfly, Dust in the Wind and Carry On together and you'll get the picture.
On a crystal morning I can see the dewdrops falling
Down from a gleaming heaven, I can hear the voices calling
When you comin' home now, son, this world is not for you

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:11 pm

Wow-I never heard of that. I must of missed that by one year. I think I say Heart on "Dog and Butterfly" also-but it definetely wasn' with Kansas. Okay-john, you're holiness, thanks for the info, but I'm still waiting on my complete "SET LIST"-please don't dissapoint me!!!You're loyal subject,David.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Prog Music's Frank
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Prog Music's Frank » Tue May 09, 2006 11:19 pm

Same here- I saw Heart on tour with Ted Nugent on the D&B tour. Ann W. singing with Steve W. would be pretty amazing!! Better than that crap duet she did with the Loverboy guy in the 80's, that's for sure :D :D

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:39 pm

Wasn't there a live song on "Dog and Buttefly" album-that says it was recorded live in Memphis? I actually was at this show-I think?Who knows-that was another lifetime!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mflorio » Tue May 09, 2006 11:44 pm

Losfer Words wrote:Listening to Magnum Opus and the "howling at the moon" passage always gets my attention. I almost wish they would have developed that more into a fuller song.
I've always thought that too ! It's a killer verse.
http://www.massdream.com

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:47 pm

I just hate the woo-who-wo fake howl or whatever you call it- that Steve(or was it Robby) did live-i can live without that!

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Wed May 10, 2006 10:06 am

yeshead 777 wrote:Wow-I never heard of that. I must of missed that by one year. I think I say Heart on "Dog and Butterfly" also-but it definetely wasn' with Kansas. Okay-john, you're holiness, thanks for the info, but I'm still waiting on my complete "SET LIST"-please don't dissapoint me!!!You're loyal subject,David.
I think this is the right order:

Mariabronn Intro/Sparks of The Tempest
Paradox
Belexes(Lightning Hand)
Opus Insert(w/Glimspe of Home bridge)
Miracles Out of Nowhere
Icarus
Wheels
Magnum Opus
The Wall
Black Fathom Crossfour
Point of Know Return
Portrait

Encore:
Dust
Carry On

Yep. Pretty cool.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed May 10, 2006 11:43 am

Thanks John-thats pretty much what I'd already ssin I guess, just forgot about Wheels. thanks,david.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 20, 2006 7:45 am

Just looked at it again, and didn't see "Song for America"-thought it was there for sure. anyway, me,robjob, and possibly elric will be seeing them in about 13 hrs.-I'll post a review asap.Peace,David.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:56 am

Well-they'll be much more on this later-almost a once in a lifetime experience-I hope!!! We had a hail storm, fireworks and a lightening strike that ended the Magnum Opus(about 3-4 min. in)and the show after about 50min. the band was SUPER tight. Ragsdale was amazing, Steve's voice pretty good, Billy's voice great, and rich was really on too. Icarus, Belexes, and miracles Out of nowhere were the highlights of the shortened set! It was still worth braving the elements-and running 5 or 6 blocks in the driving rain to our cars. Just hope and pray no-one was struck by lightning-seriously!

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:34 am

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=380614

I thought this link, to the collection of Kansas songs that we've spent a couple of years re-recording for fun, was in this thread, but it was in another. I fielded an email from Bill, the project leader, a few days ago...

"Guys,

I do a lot of reading of a forum group called The Gear Page.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=144717

The site has been around for a long time, but recently has crashed a couple of times. When it came back this last time, I noticed a thread about posting song links. I posted about the Cover project of Kansas songs and have just been overwhelmed with the response. One of the guys that posted plays in a church band with Dave Hope and he was really impressed with all of it. He actually forwared the link to Dave who then sent the link to Rich Williams!
The link will take you to the thread, I don't think you have to join to read the responses.

Pretty Cool!

BD"

Sheesh. Dave Hope's listened to my bass playing. I don't know whether to clean out my shorts or order drinks for everyone. :D

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:10 am

HOLY COW!

I just went to a sold out Kansas show with a crowd of 1,000+ , which also happened to be my 25th show of theirs.

The crowd was louder than any I've ever heard.

The mix was incredible.

Steve's voice was HONESTLY the best I've EVER heard it.

Having David Ragsdale in place of Robby took some getting used to, but having TWO guitars at once ROCKED!

Another cool bit was Eric Holmquist (Phil Eharts drum tech) actually performed sitting next to Phil with a second drum kit in unison for a couple of songs. Way cool.

I nearly wept at the end of Miracles Out of Nowhere- Steve NAILED it, and the crowd went wild!

I'm whipped! I prolly burn more calories drummin, playin, bouncin, and swayin during their show than I would spending 3 hours at a gym =p
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:42 pm

Referring back to my earlier post in this thread about having driven past Rich Williams near my business one afternoon, I will say again that the north side of Atlanta is the place to be if you want an occasional, unexpected hit of Wheat. Case in point...

Went to a small nondescript office building near where I work this morning, on business. Stepped into the customer's office, said hi--then did a double take upon seeing the framed gold "Best of Kansas" record on the wall. "What's the story behind that?"

Turns out I'd wandered into the office of Baron Travel, which has handled all of Kansas' travel arrangements for the past twenty-eight years. I thought the name seemed familiar, and yep, there's the name on the credits lists of albums going back as far as Vinyl Confessions.

I haven't yet gotten around to telling the story of WheatFest 10, which was held in Las Vegas on the last weekend in September, or of the uber-cool setlist we put together to play at the fan jam. Coming soon.

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:17 am

Check out the current news at http://www.kansasband.com for an announcement that has driven some intense speculation on the Kansasfans.com forum for a few weeks now. Teaser: The bandmembers will be recording soon.