Salem Hill DVD- Mystery Loves Company

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Salem Hill DVD- Mystery Loves Company

Post by FredProgGH » Sat May 19, 2007 11:38 am

Carl sent a copy of this yesterday and it's a must for any GH fan! The band sounds superb and the set list is absolutely perfect. Both major pieces from Mimi's Magic Moment are performed along with a good cross-section of older classics. The sound mix is very good as well. Get it!! :D :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Sat May 19, 2007 2:16 pm

I read the interview that was on PE. I plan on getting this although I did not see a release date.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat May 19, 2007 3:40 pm

I wasn't sure myself if it was actually out or if Carl was giving us a snaek preview :D It should say on the Progrock Records website.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:53 pm

Its available now on prog rock's website for 19.95.That's going on the wish list.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Mon May 21, 2007 11:53 am

Sweet. I'm definitely getting this.
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:01 am

I'm not familiar with several songs on the set list-they must be really old cause I've got MMM,BE,Robbery of Muder,and Not everybody's Gold.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Fri May 25, 2007 8:36 pm

I plan on purchasing it direct from the band, rather than thru progrock.com. It'll be interesting to see if there are any audience shots, and if I'm in 'em. :D
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:15 am

Between the Two
Children of the Dust
The Joy Jem
Peculiar People/So Human
Aceldama
The Red Pool
The Judgment
To the Hill/Beings
The Future Me
Invisible

Special bonus features (only in 2 channel Stereo):
Salem Hill Interview

Salem Hill Acoustic Set Featuring:
Between the Two
Seattle (In Memory Of…)
Question of Honor
There’s Always Canada

Okay-the following don't sound familiar,any help?Between the two,Acaldama,The Judgement,and the last three accoustic numbers.Ihave four albums, but I might be missing some of the titles,and actually know the songs.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:19 am

okay-Perculiar People and Judgement are from "Catatonia"-out of print, which I don't have!!! Alcadama and Between the two are from Salem Hill 1-Which I'm sure is out of print also!Glad they included one from ROM-To the Hill.ok-I forgot Seattle is from Be, so that leaves Invisible and the other two acc.numbers.I know I'm weird-I answered 3/4 of my own questions by just looking-shut up Elric!
lol

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:27 am

To me-Stolen by Ghosts is the REAL epic on MMM-which they would have played that live-hard song though. Can't have everything!!!!It seems like a great overview of the whole career though!

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by johnc » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:36 pm

This DVD arrived in my mailbox last week. Brought back some great memories of being at the video shoot two years back. I have no complaints about the setlist; they chose to do an overview of the band's recorded history. And believe it or don't "Stolen By Ghosts" WAS performed. An excerpt from it, anyway, during the "acoustic" portion of the filming. They must've had some good reason for not including it in the finished product.

The bandmembers played some noticeable clams during filming. And, bless 'em, they didn't edit out the mistakes and sanitize the recording. Proving (to my mind) they're just human beings who are prone to mistakes, like the rest of us.

Oh, I DO see myself in one crowd shot. Well, part of the side of my face anyway. hehe
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:34 pm

I've had this since June, picked it up at Nearfest. STILL have not gotten around to watching it, along with music DVD's by The Gathering and Porcupine Tree. I'm so far behind. I'm sure I'll catch up after the World Series...
And now for something completly different