General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Culture of Ascent - New GH release

Post by Elric » Fri May 25, 2007 6:19 pm

Wow.....

You guys are gonna be pleased. I posted the following on PE without too much exuberance in the thread:

I have been looking forward to this release. There has been a lot of question as to what direction/sounds were going to be expressed on this CD. My friend and I were fortunate to live closely to the hometown of the band, and were invited to a preview. I was very pleased. It is different than the previous releases yet does not venture off far from the sounds that listeners are familiar with. The string section, really meshes well with what's been called the more "edgy" sound. I am looking forward to its release and hopefully others will be as well.

I could have/wanted to say more, but this one will have to be listened to and savored. I am very excited about this new one and very thankful I got to stave off the hunger I have had for new GH material.

Great sounds again coming from the Adonia Strings!

Thumbs Up on this one(but did you really have to guess my opinion?)
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Fri May 25, 2007 7:06 pm

My post was one minute earlier than yours Yeshead......
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:23 pm

As is my life story with you buddy! I will always be second fiddle to you-its my lot in life.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:56 am

All friends of GH-please post on the PE thread and keep it on the front page!We need more of a balanced approach, than Elric and I every other post!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Alatar
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Alatar » Mon May 28, 2007 9:56 am

There's also a PE thread on what you think the upcoming polls should be on. Glass Hammer has a few votes already, although the newest poll is on King Crimson. The thread requires you to nominate three bands that started in the seventies and three bands that started after 1979, but a few people don't appear to have read the initial post. I think it would be good to have a Glass Hammer poll on PE, even if a couple of members will see it as an opportunity to make a few cheap shots.
----
Five wizards came from the West. One sought knowledge, one power, one conversed with the animals and the other two got into blues