Kids in a Candy Store

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Kids in a Candy Store

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:20 pm

Elric and I were in musical heaven today from 4:00 to 5:30 EST at Sound Resources getting a first listen to"The Culture of Ascent" in the company of Mr. Babb and Mr.Schendel.All I can say is WOW!!!!!What a departure- I had a permanent smile on my face the whole time, and I can't wait for the finished product.Thanks again Fred and Steve,it was a true honor!!!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

esteban
Amateur
Amateur

Post by esteban » Tue May 29, 2007 9:15 pm

I expect that the lack of responses to your post, David, reflects the fact that the rest of us are spending hours in confessional (or in the closet for Presbies like me) repenting the sin of envy!
Ecce quam bonum et quam iucundum habitare fratres in unum.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:26 pm

I am usually the one that is envious. This whole thing has been a wonderful and humbling experience for Elric and I .Helping at the Tivoli show, the interview at Starbucks(that regretably never made it to video),hanging out at the studio, and now hearing the new album in its formative-but mostly complete stages-is just a fairy tale story for us. And these guys are as gracious and generous as they come. The priviledge has been ours! Its neat to be not only fans of the band-but friends too!Who woulda thought a prog fan could find such a band, and a friendship like this in Chattanooga,TN., of all places.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].