Rush Snakes and Arrows Show

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Rush Snakes and Arrows Show

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:59 am

Elric will make fun of me for posting this after I promised I was coming home and going straight to bed after the concert before posting. well, I lied-but I'll keep it REAL brief. If you have any chance to go-GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. It is worth EVERY PENNY.28 perfectly played songs including Neal's most incredible solo ever!Perfect setlist,incredible sound,lighting,visuals,animation,lasers,etc. And I've never seen or heard a band so tight on their FIRST show of the tour!!!!You can go to PE or www.rushisaband.com to see the setlist.
I gotta say this;*****SPOLIER*******-they play a certain two songs from Permanent Waves flawlessly-one they haven't ever played live, and the other has been 10yrs. or more=but the WHOLE SHOW is incredible!!!!Just GOOOOOO-You won't be sorry-ask Elric.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:21 am

No making fun of you Yeshead...

Anyone who is a Rush fan that thinks "oh well I have seen them before. They probably are not gonna be that great...." will be sadly mistaken. This was my sixth and best Rush concert. The band was tight, Geddy hit every high note he went for. Three incredible hours of music mixed with some funny video clips. I thoroughly enjoyed the show.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:48 am

Well, there's gonna be a DVD- I'll watch in the comfort of home :D :D (I really wish I could have gone to Atlanta...)
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 am

I know it was expensive Fred-it hurt me to pay that much too-A band I payed about 8 bucks for in 78 was more than 10 times that 29 years later!But like I said it was worth every penny!!!!As far as the technology has come, and as impressive as it all is, it doesn't overshadow the perfect playing of the band and the CHEMISTRY(pun intended)that exists between them.The DVD will be great-but nothing like being there and being part of 15,000 or so(from age 10 to 60)-tons of fathers and sons, maybe even some Grandfathers and sons!I'll never forget it or regret paying that much.Elric said something about R40-hopefully it will be closer to r38,but with the price of inflation will still be alot cheaper than The Police or Genesis were this year!!!!So relitively-RUSH is the most bang for your buck!!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:08 am

I would have paid to see Rush if I could have got away. It's definitely the tour to see- not that into the Police, surely not at a drunken clusterf**k like Bonaroo. And Genesis- sorry, but like the other thread says, sounds like the same-old- same-old, and too expensive. Rush always thinks about their set list, and they still have the energy they always have.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:59 pm

FredProgGH wrote: Rush always thinks about their set list, and they still have the energy they always have.
Yes, they do-they put a lot of thought,preperation,rehearsals,production,etc. And not only do they still have the energy, but the chemistry too! and their audience KNOWS their music. I heard people singing the words to "Entre Nous", "Circumstances", "Natural Science" and other deep cuts, and the new songs too.As for the set list-There's always gonna be songs they "shoud've done"-their catalogue is just too deep-but I wouldn't have traded one of the 27 songs last night for anything else-EVERY song was so well rehearsed and so tight, and their new songs stood right up their with the classics-that's saying alot!!!!!!

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:58 pm

the Rush set list is fantastic. They are going to be in and around New York during a time in which I will be traveling out of state, which is too bad as I would have enjoyed catching this tour. DVD might have to suffice.
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:43 pm

We are going down to see Rush tomorrow night in Charlotte. Looking forward to a great show. Last time we saw them was on the 2004 R30 tour. Great show!!. My 13 year old nephew is going with us. This will be his first live show. He wants to see Glass Hammer as well, so we're also looking for 'tour' dates for you guys, too!!!! Hopefully real soon!!! My brother and I also will be going to see Asia and Kansas together in 2 weeks. We've also got tickets to see Deep Purple and Steppenwolf in Atlanta in a month and, uh, yes.... we did drop the bucks for Genesis in Washington,DC in September. OWWWW!!! I tip-toed away from that ticket booth waiting for the change to hit me in the back of the head, but it never came! LOL! We are probably going to see Chicago in August at the Biltmore Estate just because its such a cool venue to see a show and its local. So we are pretty much set for a good summer of rock 'n' roll. We're just waiting for the Glass Hammer tickets to go on sale!! THAT would make for a great year of rock.

SpaceMan