Dredg anyone?

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Dredg anyone?

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:35 pm

You know me I get into some of the strangest music-or should I say out of character and not necessarilly proggy. Case in point-Dredg, a great modern band out of California I saw mentioned on PE a few months ago, so I listened to a few samples, watched a few cool videos,downloaded two CD's from i-tunes="Catch without Arms"(the best imo),and "El Cielo". And then bought the "Live at the Fillmore" for 10bucks at Best Buy. I don't listen to a lot of modern alternative, so its hard for me to compare or classify-but a lot of times it reminds me of a more melodic U2 or Radiohead, and sometimes much edgier and progressive. Great vocals and lyrics, and the guitarist uses a slide and alot of cool effects. I'd reccomend the live first-cause its so cheap-and you can apparantely find it easily.CWA is been in the no.1 or 2 slot on my rotation list for weeks-GREAT STUFF(thats until COA gets here!!!).
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:18 pm

You must check out their videos on you tube-several really good ones-from live shows an tv shows, and you must check out singer Gavin Hayes' work on the slide(esp. with the screwdriver).They definetely changed their looks and sound in just 5 years.Some very punky and grundgy, some psychadelic,etc. Be sure and watch the "Same "ol Road" music video!, and "Bug Eyes" from the Jimmy Kimmel show.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].