69:11 OF MUSICAL BLISS

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

69:11 OF MUSICAL BLISS

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:38 pm

Elric and I were priviledged to hear "Culture of Ascent" today-the Totally finished mastered version! All I can say is "WOW". Can't say too much yet except that we were absolutely blown away. And a sincere thank you to Steve and Fred for their hospitiality and a once in a lifetime opportunity. I thought that the "Tivoli show" was an incredible experience, but to sit with the guys and listen to their "New Baby" before anyone else was a tremendous honor. Plus, they let me sit in "THE" chair. I will say this: COA ROCKS!!!!! An instant PROG classic!!!Peace,David(The original Chattanoga NERD!).
Last edited by yeshead 777 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:08 pm

Ok.....I want to be subdued here. I really do not want to spoil anything, so I will be restrained.

I did not know where GH would go after TIS. I really love that album. When I listened today, I tried to pretend that this was a group that I have never heard before, and listen to something with an objective view.

In writing this, I have edited different adjectives. In saying this, I mean to say I was speechless. I do not think I can put a word or sentence on this. I too was Blown away.

I respectfully claim that all of you fans will be pleased and impressed. I liked every song. I can hardly wait til the release.

Thank you Fred and Steve for your generosity,

Brent
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

spaceman

Post by spaceman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:27 pm

I'm jealous. I'm seriously looking forward to this release!!!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:25 pm

spaceman wrote:I'm jealous. I'm seriously looking forward to this release!!!
You will NOT be dissaopointed!!!! I GUAR-AN-TEE it!

Elric and I were truly humbled and honored to be given this opportunity!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:52 am

So, what you're saying is, you quite liked the album? :P

Did you resist the urge to say something like "Hmm, not sure about that keyboard part" or "The bass playing's a bit sloppy"...it's the devil in me that would make me do it you know! :twisted:

:lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:01 pm

SuperTed wrote:So, what you're saying is, you quite liked the album? :P

Did you resist the urge to say something like "Hmm, not sure about that keyboard part" or "The bass playing's a bit sloppy"...it's the devil in me that would make me do it you know! :twisted:

:lol:
I don't think either one of us were ever tempted to say anything like that. There was so much to take in and process, it was just overwhelming. Without being too specific the thing that keeps coming back to mind is that so many bands say:"We just want to grow and evolve and make something different each time out, well-GH has done this with COA-No doubt about it!!!!!Like Elric, I'm just pretty much speechless(which I know is hard for everyone to believe!).Peace,David.

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:48 am

I actually had a dream last night that I was in the car with my Mother listening to the album for the first time. Honestly, even in my DREAM it sounded super awesome. I'm salivating at the mouth for this album, and my soul shrivels without it. I WANT COA!!!!! :cry:

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:38 pm

Ever since I have heard this, I have wanted to listen to it again. The only reference I have is to go to the MySpace page and get the Tidbits. I think I am going to have a problem with my patience. I am usually very patient, but I am burning through my CDs for some inspiration to take my mind off of COA. I just have not found it yet. NO, I am not losing my mind, I am just eagerly wanting to get it in my paws.....
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:07 pm

What, only 69:11? I feel robbed! What happened, run out of ideas??? :wink: Totally stoked to hear this, got to remember to pre-order.
And now for something completly different

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:17 pm

I'm rather itching for this new release. Oh wait, those are these pesky mosquito bites I have from two nights ago! Stil, can't wait to here the new record.
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:33 pm

Man, I'm going nuts. I keep listening to the samplers over and over, but I need that whole album. Nothing else I listen to lately is doing it for me because I'm simply too excited for this album. UGGGGHHHH, why October 23rd!? Be patient Shad, be patient. *Explodes*

alien2112
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by alien2112 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:27 pm

I'm re-listening to the samplers, too! And I'm the only one around here at school that's excited about it, apparently.

No one understands me and my craving for awesome, mind-blowing music . . . :cry:

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:34 pm

Sorry, hate to rub it in, but after hearing the whole thing-the samples just don't do it for me(but then they never do).Just take Elric and my word for it-it ROCKS and you'll love it! I guarantee it or my name ain't Nathan Arizona(that one's for you-Rob).