Trapeze-Medusa

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Trapeze-Medusa

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:36 pm

Do any of the "Old Farts" like me remember this one? It was a fav of mine growing up. It's from 1970, and is the second of only 3 by the band that features future members of:Deep Purple(Glenn hughes), Whitesnake(Mel Galley), and Dave Holland(Judas Priest).What an incredible album. Sounds just like it did(but better quality of course)35 years ago!Touches of Black Sabbath,Bad Company,Free,and early JP(Sad Wings of Destiny era).Can't understand why this never got rock radio airplay or more attention, Great stuff!Check it out-cost me 9 bucks thru amazon!(I know Elric-I'm gonna be broke).
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:17 pm

Yeah, I do- I remember liking it. Been a long time though.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:44 pm

It is so good-and ahead of its time in production and sound. Just simple groove-laiden rock with a great mix (the drums are right up front). I always loved Glover's voice-one reason "Burn" is my fav DP album. What's He doing now?, I wonder. Did you ever hear the live album"You are the music, we're just the band"? I remember hearing it, but never owned it. It's pretty cool though when you listen to something for the first time in 30+yrs. and still remember the lyrics and the upcoming guitar riffs! But what did I have for breakfast this morning?
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elric » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:34 am

yeshead 777 wrote: But what did I have for breakfast this morning?
Probably a coke and a couple packages of Reese's Cups......

I remember the album, but I don't remember the sounds. I guess I was into my Beatles phase..... you will have to let me borrow that for a listen...
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:57 pm

Probably a coke and a couple packages of Reese's Cups......

Coke? r u kidding? I'm a Root Beer man!

Kineto Zetetics

Post by Kineto Zetetics » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:10 am

Yes I've still got this album. Trapeze were the first band I ever saw when they were touring this album (Walsall Town Hall here in England) back in early 71. I was 13 and they were awesome.
Glen Hughes continually leaping into the air and a REALLY loud PA system (they were the days!). However, my favourite Trapeze album is the follow up "You are the music..." which is the album that broke them in the States. Apparently, when they were the support act for Deep Purples 72 tour, audiences were still shouting for them whilst Purple came on stage. Not wishing to be upstaged Purple subsequently ditched them as a support during the final dates of this tour.
Dave

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:22 am

Guess I'll have to break down and get "You are the music", I've been hearing that quite a bit. gonna be hard to top "Jury" ,"Medusa", and "Black Cloud" though!