I'm Back!!!

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

I'm Back!!!

Post by yanks07 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:31 pm

After many strange technical issues, I'm finally a member of the forum again! Several months back my password "died" and I attempted to get back a few times. Now I'm free to add my enlightened or absurd (take your pick) opinions to the mix. No YYZMOOSE for now, I'll be yanks07, unless they blow it in the playoffs this year and force me to disown the name. How has everyone been???

By the way, in the time I was gone, a lot happened. My father has been fighting cancer -I do believe he is winning! My company was sold, job status was uncertain -though it appears safe now. I fell and broke my tailbone -3 weeks of intense physical therapy is how I spent a good part of my summer. On the music front, I discovered an amazing keyboardist, jazz artist Hiromi. I get to see her and her band performing 10 minutes from my house in NJ on October 12th! And of course I got out to Nearfest in June, I'm still listening to all the new music I bought there. Oh, and I'm thoroughly enjoying my 80 gig iPod! Should have waited for the 160, as this is nearly full.
And now for something completly different

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:06 am

Ha! And I was thinking, "Why would anyone need 80 GB? My music collection is 20, but I think I can manage with just having 8 on an iPod... Welcome back!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:19 pm

I would have thought 80 gigs was enough, but i keep buying more music! It's 3/4's filled, but that is because I have yet to load much of my collection of ambient and electronic music, and it has none of my classical collection. Plus likely a hundred or so scattered discs that have a few songs each I want to load. Having a 1,300 disc collection is absurd, but it will be nice to have most of that all in one place, easy to access.
Thanks for the welcome, it's good to be back!

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:25 pm

BTW, great to have to back! Everyone drifts back around album time *lol*
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:18 pm

Welcome Back Yanks! You have been a great ally to me on PE, great to have you back where you belong(isn't that a song lyric?).Peace,YESHEAD.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:57 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:Welcome Back Yanks! You have been a great ally to me on PE, great to have you back where you belong(isn't that a song lyric?).Peace,YESHEAD.
Yeah, I missed this place. As for PE, I still like it there, but have not been making too many friends lately. I guess I've been more combative than I should be. But can someone explain Kanye West being a topic on the main page??? I couldn't help myself there. And of course I always have to stick up for the mighty Glass Hammer whenever the topic comes up. The hype police are always lurking...