Loreena Mckennit

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Elric
Amateur
Amateur

Loreena Mckennit

Post by Elric » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:14 pm

Last night I had the pleasure of being on second row at the Fox Theater to hear this fantastic performer. I was fascinated how between numbers she would talk to the audience about the Celtic history and her research in travelling around the world, spending time with nomadic tribes in Mongolia.

I always thought that some of the songs on her albums were just ok compared to my favorites, but listening to them performed live were simply incredible. Highlights for me were the Mummer's Dance and Lady of Shallot. Her band's talent is amazing. I never thought I could tolerate the sound of the Hurdy Gurdy for a long time, but I am kind of addicted to that sound now.
Brent

Be kind to my mistakes, because I am not.....Kate Bush

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:08 pm

wonderful musician.
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:06 am

Glad you enjoyed it Elric! Second row-and without me!Well-the perks of a single man! I know you've loved her music for a long time.you deserve it!You need to get you're Nearfest tickets on the day they go on sale, I heard they sell out in a matter of minutes or hours-literally!See ya!,And enjoy Sunday night also-Bela will blow you away! Watch his hands!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

johnc
Die Hard
Die Hard

Re: Loreena Mckennit

Post by johnc » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:57 am

Elric wrote:Last night I had the pleasure of being on second row at the Fox Theater to hear this fantastic performer.
And you're just now getting around to posting this??? I was there, fifth row.

Fantastic show.
Quikrete - the biggest name in concrete since Jimmy Hoffa.