New Flower Kings

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Moog Taurus
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Moog Taurus » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:42 pm

I love both the Karmakanic CDs , I bought them as a matter of course and will buy the next 8)
I saw the Yes Reunion tour in the round and thought the show was amazing , though looking back at the DVD from the Denver show I'm amazed they pulled it off given the selection of material on offer.
I think a stage with Steve Howe and Trevor Rabin on it could never be big enough.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:22 pm

Moog Taurus wrote: I think a stage with Steve Howe and Trevor Rabin on it could never be big enough.
Neither do they. 8)
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:26 pm

I heard they took separate flights to the gigs. Some manager must have promised mega-bucks to SH to do that tour. I personally would have loved to see it, and heard it was great, and the two dvd's I have of it make it look like they're at least being civil to each other.I'm really sorry I missed the AWBH and the Union tours!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:33 pm

the tour was indeed fantastic! Wish there had just been an ABWH II album as the four recorded it, before Jonathan Elias and his army of session guys came in. Even after all these years I can't stomach Rabin as a guitar player or composer. He should be backing up Eddie on the Van Halen reunion with Billy Lee Roth.
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

flowerpower

Post by flowerpower » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:55 am

Hi there!
i'd take a chance to reply on this topic to introduce myself.
I'm Marco from Italy and I run along with other flowerheads the Flower Kings' italian fan club. Currently we are very involved with the organization of the two italian venues that the swedish band will play next week as they are touring Europe for the promotion of "The Sum of No Evil"
As I'm a huge GH fan, I hope I'll be able to see them (and maybe help) if they ever come to Europe and, hopefully, to Italy.

Ciao!

Marco
We are Stardust, We are Golden
We got to get ourselves back to the Garden of Dreams

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:13 pm

Hey Marco! Welcome! I am a huge FK fan and hope to see them live one day. Maybe you can help get them to the States and they can do a date around the Atlanta(southeast) area, and share the bill with Glass Hammer. Talk about a dream come true! There are a lot of FK fans on this site.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:09 pm

Actually we shared a bill with them (more or less :D) at NEARfest... we used their MIDI bass pedals because frickin' Anglegard trashed ours... :P

Anyway, welcome Marco!!
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

flowerpower

Post by flowerpower » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:58 am

yeshead 777 wrote:Hey Marco! Welcome! I am a huge FK fan and hope to see them live one day. Maybe you can help get them to the States and they can do a date around the Atlanta(southeast) area, and share the bill with Glass Hammer. Talk about a dream come true! There are a lot of FK fans on this site.
There are a lot of american fans you can get in touch with on the official mailing list. The Flo-Kis will be touring the US next spring so you'd better watch out! They might be playing close to where you live!

They played on London last Sunday and Chris Squire attended the show. After the show, Mr Squire wanted to meet the band showing a great appreciation for them!

Being an old guy who happened to see all the greatest prog bands from the golden 70's (Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Van Dr Graaf, PFM, Banco Le orme ta name a few..) I'd say that the Flo-Kis and Glasshammer are blessed for having brought back the glory days of symphonic progressive rock!

Come and say hello to our web sites...

http://www.retropolis.it/Retropolis/Home.html
http://www.myspace.com/retropolisfansclub

flowerpower

Post by flowerpower » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:07 am

FredProgGH wrote:Actually we shared a bill with them (more or less :D) at NEARfest... we used their MIDI bass pedals because frickin' Anglegard trashed ours... :P

Anyway, welcome Marco!!
Thanks Fred! Really hope you'll be touring Europe some days.
In the meanwhile, I keep dreaming of GH by playing a couple of your tunes with my cover prog band (Chronotheme and Chronos deliverer)..great stuff to play, althiugh with have no such a breatuful Adonia choir in the band!! I play bass, by the way, and I'm a happy Ricks 'owner!!

Ciao!

Marco