Barry Couter's 10/19 Column

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

esteban
Amateur
Amateur

Barry Couter's 10/19 Column

Post by esteban » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:13 am

Before Fred Schendel was interviewed about the anniversary of Sgt. Pepper's earlier this year, I had never seen a reference to the boys or to Glass Hammer in their hometown Chattanooga daily newspaper, except perhaps the usual 3-5 lines under Live Music for the Tivoli Concert.

Well! The release of Culture of Ascent, and the collaboration with Jon Anderson, was the subject of most of Barry Couter's City Beat column in the Weekend section today, on page 2. It's the first thing you see when you open the section up. Headline: Glass Hammer collaborates with Jon Anderson.

Favorite quote: "He heard some tracks while I was there," Babb said. "He doesn't sing what you tell him. He does what he wants, and he found some things that would work for him." Did he ever.

So, has Barry ever mentioned GH in a column before? You long-time Chatties might know.
Ecce quam bonum et quam iucundum habitare fratres in unum.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:33 am

Steve would know-but it absolutely blew me away. I think He messed up the title of "Life by Light", but otherwise it was incredible. Gave a great history of the band and how well they sell internationally-mostly by the internet. Maybe this will help Chattanooga wake up and see they have one of the nost talented bands in the WORLD in this podunk southern town!!!! I need to email him and thank him!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:47 pm

Any chance there is a link to the article?
And now for something completly different

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:55 am

yanks07 wrote:Any chance there is a link to the article?
If anyone finds the link (I think there must be one) lets not post it to other forums. It has a local flavor to it that I'm not happy with - and would not play well with the prog-nazis. I certainly appreciate the space given to us by Barry in the local press, but it smacks of "Local Boys Meet There Hero".
Thanks in advance .... :)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:06 pm

No Problem, but I do think it was a great article, and might actually cause someone else in Chattanooga besides Elric, RobJob, and me to buy you're albums! Thats not a dis on GH you know-its this hick town!!!!Which I still love! Nuff said.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].