General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

ABWH why not now?

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:53 pm

This was my answer to that thread on PE(the devil's site).:
Member: YESHEAD777 Quote • Bookmark • Moderate • Edit • Delete | 10/29/2007 8:45 AM

How about Anderson,Babb,Schendel,Walliman, and Mendians.

A lot better than the CIRCA line-up IMO!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:13 am

:lol:

So sad, but so true.

theHermit
Professional
Professional

Post by theHermit » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:30 pm

Circa, White, this stuff just doesn't do it for me. I could also not possibly be less excited about Howe playing with Azia. Snoozefest imo. But the guys are bored and as I understand it Anderson is not interested in doing Yes at the moment. He was very disenfranchised that Magnification did so poorly as he was very proud of that record. I love the album myself (except for Soft as a Dove) but it seems like even hardcore fans largely ignored it. I groaned when i heard they'd be doing a Moody Blues, but the result is really quite nice. I would like to see a new record/tour for their 40th anniv next year but who knows.
"Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;"
- from the Prayer of St. Francis

Shadoshi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shadoshi » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:46 pm

*Sigh* I just wish Chris would do more solo stuff. Fish Out of Water II, PLEASE! :cry:

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:12 pm

theHermit wrote:Circa, White, this stuff just doesn't do it for me. I could also not possibly be less excited about Howe playing with Azia. Snoozefest imo. But the guys are bored and as I understand it Anderson is not interested in doing Yes at the moment. I would like to see a new record/tour for their 40th anniv next year but who knows.
Probably one last tour, I don't see an album in the future-the guys are just too far away from each other musically at this point to write anything together. Here's hoping for at least one more tour!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:03 pm

There has long been a 40th anniversary tour planned but honestly there's no taking anything for granted these days. But, Yes has ALWAYS had a history of looking like the breach is insurmountable when the planets align (and house payments come due) and it happens. That said though Jon REALLY seems on another wavelength these days so who knows. Obviously we'd like to see a tour in '08, *wink wink nudge nudge*
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:34 am

At least for the 2004 tour they were riding on the heels ofa pretty succesful two-legged world tour in 2002-2003 that rekindled a fire , and brought us back the classic YES. Since then, they've been nothing but fragmented-all going in their own directions-maybe just to make ends meet,or some artistic development?Circa,White,The Syn,even Asia-hold no spark for me. Jon,even though He hasn't released anything officially in a while, has been very active in radio,tv,teaching projects,etc., and constantly writing.I just don't know if his or Rick's heart is in it again or not.At least they had the ultimate Yes project with the accoustic tracks and were actively doing something together. They're gonna have to get together and do something creatively together soon,if nothing else-get together and rehearse,and thats not gonna happen anytime sson with Circa and Asia touring(or trying too), and supposedly a new Asia album in 2008. I just don't see it, maybe 2009,probably never. not getting my hopes up.