Congrats - Wedding in the Thin Air

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Congrats - Wedding in the Thin Air

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:46 am

Several Hammer types were seen yesterday at our Celloist's (Rachel) wedding at Lookout Mtn. Presbyterian. The Adonia Trio played some unusual choices (very cool) with a fill-in on Cello. In attendance: Fred, Eric and Sarah, Steve and Julie - and of course the strings and their families.
At the reception, none other than Bob Stagner was discovered playing drums. I'm pretty sure he added percusion long ago on the Evermore album.
Best wishes Rachel!

Yours....
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:22 pm

Congrats Rachel! I've been up and down the mtn. all weekend listening to COA,and particularly Into Thin Air. How concincidental.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

esteban
Amateur
Amateur

Post by esteban » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:17 pm

LMPC is a fine choice and setting for a wedding. So like a keep, so vast. You keep expecting the knights to reign up into the courtyard.

I met David Beckman, Rachel's new father-in-law, in August. He's teaching Latin at CCS so he is my wife's colleague in the Foreign Language department. A very intersting fellow, but I never was clear on whether Rachel was marrying his son Peter or his son Paul. Talk about confusing!

Best wishes to the new couple.
Ecce quam bonum et quam iucundum habitare fratres in unum.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Congrats, Rachel!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]