YES tour 2008

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

YES tour 2008

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:49 am

Well, the rumours are true. And who better than me to bring the GH forum this news. But I won't be there! Best seats for Atlanta are 145 bucks! Sorry-can't do that for anyone-even YES. Oh yea, and one of the classic members will not be there-but his son will be taking his place-guess who? Go to www.yesworld.com for info."Its called "Close to the Edge and Back" tour!!!!!!How cheesey! Worse than calling the 36th year tour the 35th anniversary tour! The atlanta date is my wedding anniversary-so it makes my decision even easier! But watch out for-Elric and Robjob!, they'll be there most probably!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Caranthir Telemnar

Post by Caranthir Telemnar » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:58 am

That is indeed a cheesy title. If it fills seats though, I guess. I can just imagine if I get to see them and the fans who will be screaming "whoooo, Close to the edge...and back!!!" as if it were some stunning revelation. Name recognition and all that.
All said, silly marketing aside, I would love to see them. Last time went and saw them, they were playing leaps and bounds beyond most or any groups in their age category.
Cool news... I've been out of loop on this one!
Amin n'rangwa edanea

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri May 23, 2008 2:34 pm

I heard from Jon today. He's been through a rough time, but getting better. *see the thread on PE if you haven't heard about his asthma attack.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat May 24, 2008 2:33 am

Hey, good news!! Tickets aren't $600!! They only go up to $360!!! And as low as $95!!

http://www.gotickets.com/concert/yes/al ... 623880.php

Really guys, dang. :shock: I think I'll spend the money on a Blu-ray player and watch the disk when it comes out.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:08 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Hey, good news!! Tickets aren't $600!! They only go up to $360!!! And as low as $95!!

http://www.gotickets.com/concert/yes/al ... 623880.php

Really guys, dang. :shock: I think I'll spend the money on a Blu-ray player and watch the disk when it comes out.
Do I sense a little sarcasm? We payed $80 for front row in 2004, and $90 for Rush last year-but $95bucks for the worst seats-no thank you! And just think I saw them for 30-35 bucks in '98 and 2000!!!!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat May 24, 2008 11:47 pm

Yeah, I paid $80 in 2004 but they were really good seats (10th row or something) and even that was pretty painful. I love 'em but I just have to pass. Gotta say though, they seem to be selling like hotcakes. I guess Yes is the new Dead after all! I mean, on one hand good, I want them to make money, they deserve it. I just can't help out at those prices *lol*

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:18 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Yeah, I paid $80 in 2004 but they were really good seats (10th row or something) and even that was pretty painful. I love 'em but I just have to pass. Gotta say though, they seem to be selling like hotcakes. I guess Yes is the new Dead after all! I mean, on one hand good, I want them to make money, they deserve it. I just can't help out at those prices *lol*
I feel the same way Fred! Didn't realize you went in 2004-were you at the Atlanta show? You probably had a little better view from the 10th row-if you were more in the middle. But we'll never forget being on the front row!!!! I won't at least-they were my heroes since I was 13! Anyway, I'm surprised they're selling that good also-and I'm glad Jon is going to go on-I just hope it doesn't jeopardize his health. We'll see. If anyone goes, they need to post reviews on this forum!!!!Peace,David.

rufusboy

Post by rufusboy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:27 am

Although it has not been officially announced, reports are that Jon Anderson has been advised by his doctor not to tour this summer after his recent serious asthma attack, and the tour is cancelled. More details here: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wnyesm.htm

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:57 pm

All I can say is that YES without Jon is not only not worthy to be called YES, but MOST certainly not worthy of 150 buck tickets with a replacement singer. This may very well be the end of his touring days!!!!

rufusboy

Post by rufusboy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Tour cancellation is official now: http://www.yesworld.com/ywtour-2008-update.html

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Meanwhile, Chris Squire looks for a good sturdy ceiling beam to throw the noose over...

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:48 am

Well, its officially official go to www.yesworld.com Maybe the promoters can start working on Circa 2 or an Evening of Yes Music without Jon Anderson(equivalent to an Elvis impersonator).