New King's X

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

New King's X

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat May 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Check out this brief review I posted on Progressive Ears, for fans this really is a great effort-best in years! Maybe it will win some new fans! We'll see:
The New King's X CD (XV) is FINALLY out!!!!!! And I can emphatically say after only 3 complete listens-this is the most consistent the trio has been since Dogman or Faith Hope, and Love(IMO). They are using the same producer as the last disc(Michael Waegner)-first time since the Sam Taylor days-and its paid off. There are plenty of metal anthemic moments="Pray","Alright", "Move", and the killer "Go tell somebody". Plenty of Ty Tabor's beatlesque moments+"Repeating myself", "I just want to live"(absolutely killer-reminds me of "Mississippi Moon"), and "I don't know", and even some melodic moments that are very reminiscent of early albums like "Gretchen goes to Nebraska". Overall, its not quite as hard as "Ogre Tones", but its also more balanced and has something to please fans of every style of King's X music. A side note: they are opening for Extreme(no lie) this summer on a bill that may also have Living Color(I hope so!). There are posts about this on Mike Portnoy's forum.www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2026584

Check it out!!!! Peace,David.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat May 24, 2008 11:44 pm

Sweet! I'm there.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:08 pm

It just gets better and better with each listen. I know that Dug is way out there spiritually-but tell me if He seems a little more grounded on this one lyrically then in the last 10 years or so. "I just want to live" is a new classic.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].