New downloads

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

New downloads

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:52 am

These look great, but tell us about "The Verge"!!!Was this pre-GH?Think I've heard it mentioned before,but can't remember-thanks,David.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: New downloads

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:59 am

yeshead 777 wrote:These look great, but tell us about "The Verge"!!!Was this pre-GH?Think I've heard it mentioned before,but can't remember-thanks,David.
I'm told the website elf has updated the download page with info.
http://glasshammer.com/pages/features/downloads.html
Nice surprise?

:D
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:27 am

I was lucky enough to hear "The porpoise song" in the studio a few months ago with my sister-didn't realize that was the name! Can't wait to get all of these downloads!
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:27 am

Oh no! These songs sound awesome, but the 30 second samples are terrible! It's like "Oooh, suspense until the buildup... WAIT just kidding, you don't get to here anything yet."

So then I got a snocap account.

Pretty sweet stuff! (Not surprisingly, I like the songs with vocals better than the instrumental songs)

What is this business with the VERGE?
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:17 am

Sam Gamgee wrote:Oh no! These songs sound awesome, but the 30 second samples are terrible! It's like "Oooh, suspense until the buildup... WAIT just kidding, you don't get to here anything yet."

So then I got a snocap account.

Pretty sweet stuff! (Not surprisingly, I like the songs with vocals better than the instrumental songs)

What is this business with the VERGE?
Do you like The VERGE? My answer will depend upon yours... 8)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:50 am

Ooh! It's like those "Choose your own adventure" books! Well, i choose option A and flip to page 63 - I do like the VERGE, although I am confused about the use of capitalization. Acronym? Just because you're THAT COOL in a HYPERBOLIC SENSE?

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:Ooh! It's like those "Choose your own adventure" books! Well, i choose option A and flip to page 63 - I do like the VERGE, although I am confused about the use of capitalization. Acronym? Just because you're THAT COOL in a HYPERBOLIC SENSE?
Oh - well if capitalization lends the appearance of some sort of intelligence - then lets go with that. It'll take me a while to make something up for an explanation though.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:52 pm

I mean, I'm not complaining. At least you're not using numbers or special characters or diacritics or something.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:50 am

Does the capitalization stand for "forget to answer stephanie's question?"

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:Does the capitalization stand for "forget to answer stephanie's question?"
The VERGE was about to be a live project, a concert with David Carter, Robert Streets, Fred Schendel and a drummer. We considered doing a concert here in town later this summer - but could never agree on what material we'd do. I finally got tired of talking about it and called i t quits. Fred followed suit.
However - we loved our recording of the Porpoise Song and have decided to record more material with Robert as it presents itself. So - if all goes well - there will be more Verge material coming down the pipe in the coming months.
It goes no deeper than that 8)

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:03 pm

We'll take anything we can get. David Carter and Robert Streets are both enormously talented!