Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

New GH Interview Posted

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:02 am

http://jerrylucky.com/

Hey,
There's a new interview posted on Jerry Lucky's site. Secrets (sort of) are revealed.
Enjoy...
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:26 am

Great interview, learned a few things. Tour of the northeast? Would that be as a headliner or opener?
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:08 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:Great interview, learned a few things. Tour of the northeast? Would that be as a headliner or opener?
We'd be headlining clubs - but that's assuming anything happens. There's some talk of us doing BB King's in New York City. If that pans out - then we'll look at doing other towns. So as always - its up in the air :)
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Good interview. I'm a little bummed I admit, getting to see the band again at 3RP, first time since Nearfest, but no strings and none of the women on vocals. I'm trying to imagine the band without any female vocals and having a tough time, it's become my favorite part of the GH sound.
And now for something completly different

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:39 pm

yanks07 wrote:Good interview. I'm a little bummed I admit, getting to see the band again at 3RP, first time since Nearfest, but no strings and none of the women on vocals. I'm trying to imagine the band without any female vocals and having a tough time, it's become my favorite part of the GH sound.
Well dang it - if they'd just quit having babies we might be able to keep them around! lol
Lets see - since Nearfest the singers and string players have had at least 8 babies - and that's just counting Susie, Flo and Rebecca. Throw in a move to Memphis and back - and one to California and back - and you'll begin to understand :)
Steve
Last edited by MayorOfLongview on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:20 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
yanks07 wrote:Good interview. I'm a little bummed I admit, getting to see the band again at 3RP, first time since Nearfest, but no strings and none of the women on vocals. I'm trying to imagine the band without any female vocals and having a tough time, it's become my favorite part of the GH sound.
Well dang it - if they'd just quit having babies we might be able to keep them around! lol
Lets see - since Nearfest the singers and string players have had at least 8 babies - and that's just counting Susie, Flo and Rebecca. Through in a move to Memphis and back - and one to California and back - and you'll begin to understand :)
Steve
FEMLAES!!!!Can't live with em... well,I'll stop there before I get myself in trouble.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mflorio » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:51 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:There's some talk of us doing BB King's in New York City.
Steve
Wow - I vote for that! :D
http://www.massdream.com

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:00 am

How about the Inconsolable Secret "Revisited"?

Can you improve MORE that album?! Did you hire London Festival Orchestra? KOTN can't be better...it's awesome. If you change Having Caugth a Glimpse it has to be named Having Had a Vision...

It's always good the see interviews, btw. They explain a lot for me.

Godspeed.
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:12 am

We have another interview coming soon that talks about the IS-R project exclusively...
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:07 pm

FredProgGH wrote:We have another interview coming soon that talks about the IS-R project exclusively...
Good!
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:35 pm

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester wrote:It's always good the see interviews, btw. They explain a lot for me.
second that. photos would be good too (like in the studio or something) ... and by the way ... who's that good looking guy on the right :wink: ... next to that other good looking guy on the left!
If left is wrong I don't wanna be right...