TRANSATLANTIC REUNION

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

TRANSATLANTIC REUNION

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:29 am

Great news! The rumours are true! the PROG supergroup are reuniting and are currently working on a new disc to be released by the end of the year. Now lets hope for a US tour! Detials on the PE and mike portnoy's sites.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:34 pm

First heard on Portnoy's forum earlier.

I only own their first album, but I loved it and I'm very excited for this.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Their second "Bridge across forever" is even better and includes their best epic "Stranger in your soul."
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:54 pm

If you love Transatlantic so much why don't you marry them?? :P :twisted:

Just kidding. They're gooderns. I overall tend to like them more than any of the members bands on their own...
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:30 am

FredProgGH wrote:If you love Transatlantic so much why don't you marry them?? :P :twisted:

Just kidding. They're gooderns. I overall tend to like them more than any of the members bands on their own...
I may consider that Fred when I'm officially single! haha

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:43 am

yeah great huh. totally made my day!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:30 am

Tommorrow should be the day. But actually I think I'd rather marry Karmakanic right now, cause they are my current favs, and GH is spoken for!

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:Tommorrow should be the day. But actually I think I'd rather marry Karmakanic right now, cause they are my current favs, and GH is spoken for!
how good is 'who's the boss'!
was just listening to it yesterday in fact, its definitely very good - it was worth waiting two years for. i like the tracks 'send a message' & 'two blocks from the edge'.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:15 am

shanocles wrote:
yeshead 777 wrote:Tommorrow should be the day. But actually I think I'd rather marry Karmakanic right now, cause they are my current favs, and GH is spoken for!
was just listening to it yesterday in fact, its definitely very good - it was worth waiting two years for. i like the tracks 'send a message' & 'two blocks from the edge'.
It's great!!Believe it or not i was underwhelmed at first, but its grown on me alot. I don't like the vocalist's voice on this one as much-sounds too much like Roine Stolt-which makes em sound too Flower Kingy.

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:51 am

yeshead 777 wrote:
shanocles wrote:
It's great!!Believe it or not i was underwhelmed at first, but its grown on me alot. I don't like the vocalist's voice on this one as much-sounds too much like Roine Stolt-which makes em sound too Flower Kingy.
goran edman sang on the previous album though ... or are you referring to the production/mixing of his vocals on this album? i really loved 'wheel of life' when it came out. such a great piece of work.

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 am

No, its really more the sound of his voice. Its just not as distinct or something as it is on wheel of life-which is still my fav of theirs.I still love his voice, and this whole band, "Wheel of Life" is an almost perfect prog disc IMHO.Jonas and Zoltan are monsters and heroes.

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 pm

yeshead 777 wrote:"Wheel of Life" is an almost perfect prog disc IMHO.Jonas and Zoltan are monsters and heroes
definitely. they are so tight as the rhythm section, fabulous stuff to listen to ... and of the clips i've seen on youtube, they have heaps of fun playing the stuff live too!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:07 am

I'd love to see them live, or at least the rhythm section. Their stuff recently though is a whole lot fresher and more exciting than recent Flower Kings.

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:10 am

yeshead 777 wrote:I'd love to see them live, or at least the rhythm section. Their stuff recently though is a whole lot fresher and more exciting than recent Flower Kings.
c'mon man ... sum of no evil rocks out! paradox hotel was a bit weaker i'll admit - and the dvd (sheesh). that burnt a hole in my pocket for only watching once.

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mflorio » Sat May 02, 2009 3:02 pm

FredProgGH wrote:If you love Transatlantic so much why don't you marry them?? :P :twisted:
Well, if you live in NY, CT or VT you can probably make a legal case for marrying a whole band!
http://www.massdream.com