TRANSATLANTIC REUNION

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Mon May 04, 2009 6:12 am

mflorio wrote:
FredProgGH wrote:If you love Transatlantic so much why don't you marry them?? :P :twisted:
Well, if you live in NY, CT or VT you can probably make a legal case for marrying a whole band!

Funny!!!!!Yea, that wouldn't go over to well here in the South.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Album just announced. Arriving in October, it's called "The Whirlwind." http://www.transatlanticweb.com/

I can't WAIT!
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:28 pm

Kind of miffed that you have to by the special edition in order to get the other (original) songs they recorded.

77 minute song?! I don't even know if I'd ever have the free time to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. :shock:

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:54 pm

I was under the impressions that the second disc was mostly covers. Even so, I see your point (although I would probably have bought the special edition even if the second disc was in the normal package already)
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:18 pm

The second disc appears to be half original tracks and half covers. That's usually what makes me go for special editions anyway, but it's the principle of the matter. :P

You know, it's funny how, including the second disc, there's nine songs on this album, and that's the same amount of songs on the first two studio albums combined.

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:45 am

radiant records now taking pre-orders. just purchased the 3 disc version. comes with a dvd of the 'making of' album. cool idea. first 200 pre-orders go into barrel to win something cool too. bring on november.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:11 am

shanocles wrote:radiant records now taking pre-orders. just purchased the 3 disc version. comes with a dvd of the 'making of' album. cool idea. first 200 pre-orders go into barrel to win something cool too. bring on november.
Cool, I'm gonna check it out now!

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Just preordered it yesterday, along with that 3-disc Neal Morse live album, and Lifeline Special Edition and One Special Edition. I'm pretty pumped! I hope I was one of the first 200 to preorder The Whirlwind, though...