Sheet Music?

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Sheet Music?

Post by Japes » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Hey all! This question is directed towards the GH members, but if anyone has anything to add, by all means!

I was mainly wondering if you were planning to release any sheet music. I know your music has so many parts, and would be very difficult to compact for one interesting like, say piano, but I know I would buy it! I enjoy transposing music, and even writing, but I unfortunately have no good software to write out large orchestrations (which is my preference). Sorry, a little off-topic, but, back to my original question, is there any possibility of making any GH sheet music available in any way?

Thanks!
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:48 am

I'd have to say no. There just wouldn't be a justifiable demand for it. If someone wanted to produce it as a labor of love and toss it out there online, more power to 'em :D :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:14 am

well I may have to just get on that... once I get software to do so that is. As far as just writing the music, do you use the same software you use to record, do you use a different program, or do you write it out by hand?
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:10 pm

A while back one of the people on the boards here had sheet music for some stuff off Lex Rex.... lemme see if I can find it
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 pm

We only generate notation for the string players and for that I use a program called Overture.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]