General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Glass Hammer Update

Post by MayorOfLongview » Thu May 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Hey,
There's been a ton of GH activity lately. There's a new album in the works, plus a live show coming up. Here's a brief update...
With the exception of one song (maybe, maybe not) the new album is written and basic tracks are being recorded. Lyrics are about half completed. This appears 'not' to be a concept album.
Album art is being considered, nearly chosen.
For 3RP we just did an overhaul of the set list. There will now be only 2 songs repeated from previous shows. Everything else will be new and old material that we have never played! Its very exciting, at least in theory.
We'll be putting it to the test at a rehearsal on May 31st.
HOPEFULLY, near the end of July we will have an 'open-house' rehearsal of the 3RP show, complete with staging and lights - and anyone near enough to come will be welcome. Remember, I said 'hopefully.
Thats it for now.
Steve
ps: Fred and I are actually in the middle of a recording session for an MTV hour-long special - right now. Of course, its not about prog - its about a high school girl. Nevertheless, our work will make it to MTV - depending on how you define work. <g>
Last edited by MayorOfLongview on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Thu May 14, 2009 8:02 pm

ahh! Well, thanks for the update!

It's exciting to wonder about the next work released from Babb and Schendel =)
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Cool news. I'm still hoping to attend 3RP, but the realization that it's a 6 hour drive and my health being terrible, I don't know if it's possible. I know, easier said than done, but come to New Jersey, I'm sure the NJ Proghouse would love to have GH. Just came back from a NJ PH show tonight, seeing another Nearfest Alum, Morglbl.
And now for something completly different

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Tue May 26, 2009 4:13 am

yeah very cool news. my ears are itching for some new GH goodness.
you guys rock!

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed May 27, 2009 9:33 am

yanks07 wrote:Cool news. I'm still hoping to attend 3RP, but the realization that it's a 6 hour drive and my health being terrible, I don't know if it's possible. I know, easier said than done, but come to New Jersey, I'm sure the NJ Proghouse would love to have GH. Just came back from a NJ PH show tonight, seeing another Nearfest Alum, Morglbl.
6 hours? Hey, its about 14 for us to get to Jersey. You can do 6 hours surely???? <g>
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Wed May 27, 2009 6:54 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:
yanks07 wrote:it's a 6 hour drive...
6 hours? Hey, its about 14 for us to get to Jersey. You can do 6 hours surely???? <g>
dude. if it was only 6 hrs from me i'd leave now! (BTW totally understand if health probs limit the drive though, so i'm not trying to be mean)! but 6 Hrs!!!! do it for the band.

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Thu May 28, 2009 7:31 am

shanocles wrote:
MayorOfLongview wrote:
yanks07 wrote:it's a 6 hour drive...
dude. if it was only 6 hrs from me i'd leave now! (BTW totally understand if health probs limit the drive though, so i'm not trying to be mean)! but 6 Hrs!!!! do it for the band.
6 Hours...how I wish!
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Glass Hammer Update

Post by shanocles » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:52 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:Hey,
There's been a ton of GH activity lately. There's a new album in the works, plus a live show coming up. Here's a brief update...
With the exception of one song (maybe, maybe not) the new album is written and basic tracks are being recorded. Lyrics are about half completed. This appears 'not' to be a concept album.
Album art is being considered, nearly chosen...

ps: Fred and I are actually in the middle of a recording session for an MTV hour-long special - right now. Of course, its not about prog - its about a high school girl. Nevertheless, our work will make it to MTV - depending on how you define work. <g>
any updates on the above? how's the album coming along?
also any news on The Inconsolable Secret 2.0? actually doesn't sound like you get much time now i ask all of that, but i think its really cool that you get the time to have a chat with us fans here. awesome!

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:52 am

We'll be uploading final mixes to the mastering guru Bob Katz today. So - its going really well! We'll try to get an interview posted soon, along with a pic of the cover. And we'll probably start taking advance orders in a couple of weeks!!! :)
Steve

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:33 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:We'll be uploading final mixes to the mastering guru Bob Katz today. So - its going really well! We'll try to get an interview posted soon, along with a pic of the cover. And we'll probably start taking advance orders in a couple of weeks!!! :)
Steve
ahhh. excellent. i love this time of year. it seems there are always bands putting material out. so i've been saving and i'm ready.

it started with beardfish's new album...
then i bought paul dempsey's new solo album, yesterday i ordered 3rd world electric (stolt/reingold fusion side project)
and soon to get hands on new transatlantic, GH, the tangent... can't wait.

thanks for posting up an interview too, that's always great to see/read. bring it on.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Where exactly is the rehearsal going to be, Chattanooga? And when is 3RP? I DO live close to Pittsburgh!
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.