GH Live in Chattanooga

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:32 pm

No.

I'll be playing a couple songs with Eric as well (hint: Mellotron and also capo at the 5th fret).
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

asbury

Post by asbury » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:18 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:Just had some great news about the Chattanooga show. Carl Groves is coming down from NashVegas to sit in on a song with us. This is a goodern.
On a side note, Eric's band will feature Rachel on cello (who most of you are familiar with) and Emily Grace. Emily has worked with Fred and I since she was very small (she's still kinda small), and sang backups on Lirazel - the studio version.
Hope many of you can make the show!
Steve
:D
Sounds like it's going to be a great show! I'm hoping to be there.

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:56 pm

I gotta say this- at this point I feel physically and mentally more prepared than I've felt for a GH show ever, going all the way back to ProgDay '95. Everyone sounds great. I'm really looking forward to these!

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:31 am

That's pretty fantastic Fred!

I was thinking it'd be a goodern if from time to time you guys could do little mini-videos of what goes into pulling off a live show... you know, the behind the scenes stuff like how you setup the keyboards for what sounds you want and when, how you guys pick whats songs to sing, how you decide what to change from the 'album' version of a song, etc..

Just a wish =p
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:34 am

Bnielsen wrote:That's pretty fantastic Fred!

I was thinking it'd be a goodern if from time to time you guys could do little mini-videos of what goes into pulling off a live show... you know, the behind the scenes stuff like how you setup the keyboards for what sounds you want and when, how you guys pick whats songs to sing, how you decide what to change from the 'album' version of a song, etc..

Just a wish =p
I like that idea - I'm just a little concerned you'd see what a bunch of goons we are and lose respect for us pretty quickly <g> But let me think on that one :)
We're going to start up in a couple of hours. Matt's on the road, on his way here.
S
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Come on, Mayor. We all know your specialty is propaganda. Just stage a "live action" Glass Hammer council whereby you decide the songs for the set. You can make us thing WHATEVER you want about your song deciding process - deep scholarship, fights to the near death, thumb wars, computed randomizing functions, blindfolded pin-the-tail-on-the-CD, rock paper scissors, etc. The possibilities are ENDLESS!
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

Venividi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Venividi » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:Come on, Mayor. We all know your specialty is propaganda. Just stage a "live action" Glass Hammer council whereby you decide the songs for the set. You can make us thing WHATEVER you want about your song deciding process - deep scholarship, fights to the near death, thumb wars, computed randomizing functions, blindfolded pin-the-tail-on-the-CD, rock paper scissors, etc. The possibilities are ENDLESS!
I think it would be better if it were "PROG-rock, paper scissors..."

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:25 pm

LOL Genius, Sam! :twisted:
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:27 am

Bnielsen wrote:That's pretty fantastic Fred!

Just a wish =p
yep. wishin here too. :)

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 am

First show in 3 years - tonight!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

asbury

Post by asbury » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:41 am

MayorOfLongview wrote:First show in 3 years - tonight!
I really wanted to make it to the show, but I just couldn't make it work. Little kids + work + mid-week show + long drive ... it was just too much. And I still almost came anyway.

Hopefully, I can work it out to come up to 3RP and finally get to see y'all live.

Hope the show goes well tonite! I expect detailed reports from those forum members in attendance.

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm

MayorOfLongview wrote:First show in 3 years - tonight!
hey have a great concert tonite. you'll rock!!
(as i raise my fist in a tired-5:30am-rockish-kinda way)
:D

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:15 am

Just got home- it went pretty well!

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:26 am

FredProgGH wrote:Just got home- it went pretty well!
hey great news fred. all the best for 3RP. crank that hammond boy!!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:49 am

Tremendous show! The Eric Parker Band were great too. Ya'll will love the new material-very different, very fresh! Plus some great older tunes never or seldomly played. Off to 3RP! Great to see Esteban and all of the GH family. Thanks to Matt for hangin out with us at dinner.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].