Email Suggestions

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Email Suggestions

Post by Japes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Hey everyone! I'm changing emails because of a move of internet providers (originally it was jpw@pa.net). I'm switching to GMail, and though I already have a GMail, it's one that I don't really want to use, for two reasons: it's heard to spell/remember from only being told and some websites block it (It's valvagia@gmail.com, and though it's actually just a one-letter change of the Zelda dragon boss of the fire temple, some websites think it has something to do with a particular body part). Anyway, I'd like something Glass Hammer related, and I'm brain dead. I tried Hammerhead and Glasshead, and neither worked, and anything involving my real name is already taken or too long. So any suggestions would be grand!
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:30 pm

hmm...

residentoflongview

junkyardangel (maybe not so good for a guy lol)

progisntdead

japeslovesgh (isn't that cute)

behindthegreatbeyond (if it's not too long)

lexrexjapes

not the best ideas, but I hope it helps!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Bnielsen wrote:hmm...

residentoflongview

junkyardangel (maybe not so good for a guy lol)

progisntdead

japeslovesgh (isn't that cute)

behindthegreatbeyond (if it's not too long)

lexrexjapes

not the best ideas, but I hope it helps!

Hmmmm.... I like it. I'm gonna try out Lex Rex, Residentoflongview, and Behindthegreatbeyond. Thanks for the ideas!
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Just tried 'em and Behindthegreatbeyond was going to be my email, but then I forgot about one of my other common usernames, which is japesland! So I'm going to use that, probably. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Peace

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Triple Post?? Sorry!

Help! When I try to change my account email here on the forum, it says the email was banned! :'(

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Same here - I've been AWOL for a while and the e-mail address I used then is dead and gone. I've a googlemail address now but it got bounced with the same message as yours.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:49 pm

WEll someone's gonna have to fix that, like maybe and admin... *coughSamcough*

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Naaah... let's pass it on to our NEW administrator, BRIAN!

...because I don't know how to fix it.
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:45 pm

BTW, I haven't been able to upload an av picture for, like, a year.
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:52 am

I think I can fix the email thing.

Could you two guys send me a PM with the email addresses you want to use?

I only just started looking into the issue with the avatars disappearing.

The best advice I can give is to upload your pictures to a free service like photobucket or something.

You can setup your Avatar and Signature pics to directly reference them.
Brian Nielsen

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:04 pm

SuperTed wrote:Same here - I've been AWOL for a while and the e-mail address I used then is dead and gone. I've a googlemail address now but it got bounced with the same message as yours.
Ted - I was able to manually change your address in your profile for you.

Let me know if you have any other issues.
Brian Nielsen

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Bnielsen wrote:
The best advice I can give is to upload your pictures to a free service like photobucket or something.
Ah, good idea. I'll try that...
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:18 pm

FredProgGH wrote:
Bnielsen wrote:
Ah, good idea. I'll try that...
Yeah, that's where I have mine. Ted did the same thing

=)
Brian Nielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:44 pm

I've tried a number of things, including linking to different sites, and my pictures have: if I uploaded them, not worked at all, OR if I linked them, worked for a week or so, then suddenly stopped showing up.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Japes wrote:I've tried a number of things, including linking to different sites, and my pictures have: if I uploaded them, not worked at all, OR if I linked them, worked for a week or so, then suddenly stopped showing up.
Your email has been updated, Japes.

You said you tried linking your avatar directly to a picture hosted somewhere? Specifically, you want to choose the option that just loads it from a remote page - NOT the upload from URL option.

There's a lot of temporary or restricted pictures that will suddenly disappear.

If you'd like, I can host the pic for you on my Photobucket account?

I just temporarially grapped a pic you were trying to use and hosted it on my photobucket account for ya. Can you see it?
Last edited by Bnielsen on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Nielsen