General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Shreddy
Amateur
Amateur

Farewell and thanks!

Post by Shreddy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi everyone!

I've had a few emails and comments asking me why I wasn't on the new GH and thought I would clarify things a bit.

I recently moved to Colorado and was unfortunately not able to make the deadline for the recordings. I was given plenty of time for this, but my move and extra activities just got in the way. I'm pleased with the way the album sounds though. Fred is a great guitar player and the album would probably not have been as pure and close to what GH had in mind if it had been done otherwise.

I am also taking this opportunity to announce my departure from GH. I learned a lot during the last 5 years with the band and will keep some found memories and most importantly some great friends from the whole experience.

I am quitting the band just because I have quite a few unfinished personal projects that I feel I really need to pursue. I will welcome the opportunity to appear occasionally if GH needs me, but for the time being I need to resign from my full time band member role.

Until next time, I want to thank everyone for their friendship, support and encouraging words!
To the band, thank you for including me in what you are doing, GH will always have a special place in my heart. I'm sure we'll cross musical paths again one day! :-)

Keep in touch!

yeshead 777
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by yeshead 777 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:43 pm

You WILL be missed Shreddy! You're not only an incredibly gifted guitarist, but one of the nicest,most humble guys I've ever met! A joy to know! God's speed in everything you pursue, hope to see ya again soon.Peace,David.
Art can "make people feel what's true rather than telling them".[Dan Haseltine,Jars of Clay].

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:00 pm

David will always have a place in GH and we're INCREDIBLY grateful for his contributions and friendship. And of course - we miss him. David - we wish you and your wife the best!
Steve
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:09 pm

Wow...
:shock:

No Foolin?

Someone have Eric parker's number? =p

I kid, I kid... Thanks for your time spent here on the forums too Shreddy! I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:18 am

thanks heaps for all your contributions, and hope Colorado is ready for you dude! from a truly grateful fan.

SuperTed
Die Hard
Die Hard

Post by SuperTed » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:41 pm

SPLITTER!!!

:P

Good luck with future endeavours up in them thar mountains, mate - don't be a stranger now! 8)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/centurionad1/ghbanner.jpg[/img]

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Gee- I'm glad I got to meet see you at 3RP before your departure! (I'm one of the guys you watched Gravity with.) I hope everything goes well with you, good sir- I'll keep an eye on what you're up to over at Youtube. :)

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Good luck to you Shreddy! I look forward to great things from you in the future (including the occasional guest appearance with GH). Then I can add to my modest Wallimann CD collection.

How about 'Deep Inside the Large Hadron Collider?'
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

mflorio
Amateur
Amateur

Post by mflorio » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:41 pm

Well, you can get your Shreddy fix on this song of mine that he recently played on:

http://www.massdream.com/music.htm

Mike
http://www.massdream.com