Much Rejoicing

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Much Rejoicing

Post by Japes » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Finally, after the hiatus of moving I have internet! (Internet = Life)

I also finally received the Glass Hammer THEN Bundle and Adventure Pack! I am REALLY enjoying it thus far and can't believe I've considered myself a Glass Hammer fan without having heard these. Anyway, just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year, and kudos to the band for being... well... awesome!

PS: Japes wants Elven Recording Magic!
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Bnielsen
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by Bnielsen » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Ahh! Congrats Japes!

There is some astonishingly good music in that pack.

You might have heard me mention it before, but 'Three Cheers for the Broken Hearted' has a lot in common musically with songs on Perelandra and On To Evermore... I love it!
Brian Nielsen
GH Merch '09 - GH Roadie '05 - GH NEARFest Choir '03

MayorOfLongview
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Re: Much Rejoicing

Post by MayorOfLongview » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:59 am

Japes wrote:Finally, after the hiatus of moving I have internet! (Internet = Life)

I also finally received the Glass Hammer THEN Bundle and Adventure Pack! I am REALLY enjoying it thus far and can't believe I've considered myself a Glass Hammer fan without having heard these. Anyway, just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year, and kudos to the band for being... well... awesome!

PS: Japes wants Elven Recording Magic!
So just how cheesy is it when I 'narrate' my own poem? I've often cringed at the thought of it - but maybe it wasn't so bad. ??? :oops:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

NelStone
Amateur
Amateur

Post by NelStone » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:47 pm

My parents got me Perelandra and Lex Rex for Christmas, so I own every studio album now. Perelandra has easily moved into my top three albums by you guys.

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm almost done listening through all the albums, but it's gonna take quite a while to familiarize myself with them. I absolutely love the way you guys start and end Perelandra.
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.