The "Beyond Great" Gift

General discussion

Moderators: MayorOfLongview, FredProgGH, Sam Gamgee, Bnielsen

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Hey Mr. Wiggle, I have one copy left at home of the original IS, I think it's shrink-wrapped and I will give it to you if we can find a reliable way to ship it down there. :D
"The baloney is yodeling" -- [i]Jon Arbuckle[/i]

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:39 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Hey Mr. Wiggle, I have one copy left at home of the original IS, I think it's shrink-wrapped and I will give it to you if we can find a reliable way to ship it down there. :D
Before having a heart-attack...what I have do to?? Ask it to be autographed??? Send money to Haiti? Sell my dog? :shock:

I know a bunch of people that received things from other countries without any problems here in Brazil, I think most of the times it's a "lucky shot", but...I think is worth of the try. Anyway, I'm searching more realiable-then-ever-ways here...

BTW, I've found this great and reliable distributor of prog rock. They even have some GH CD's in their store. A quote from the site:

Distribution
We will distribute our CDs nationally and internationally. We have an effective distribution network, which is a main point of our work. Masque Records products will have a significant visibility in progressive rock and metal scene. We distribute also independent bands, besides bands from other labels.

Retail
Masque Records will sell, through our website, in our virtual store, progressive rock and prog metal CDs, brazilian and international, even of bands and artists that are not from our cast. Our customers may also find our products at several stores in Brazil and abroad (listed in distributors).

How to become a partner
We are receptive to new commercial partnerships. We offer several plans to fit your company’s needs. E-mail us for information on partnership:
masquerecords@gmail.com

The website, as I posted before is: http://www.masquerecords.com

Can I thank you now?
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:00 pm

No problem at all, no need to sell the dog *lol* I'll talk to Steve about how we need to ship it to have some reasonable hope it arrives. :P I'm happy to give it to you basically free; I might just ask a bit for shipping is all, depending on how we do it. (We can sign it too if you want but of course that means we'll open it...)

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:23 pm

FredProgGH wrote:No problem at all, no need to sell the dog *lol* I'll talk to Steve about how we need to ship it to have some reasonable hope it arrives. :P I'm happy to give it to you basically free; I might just ask a bit for shipping is all, depending on how we do it. (We can sign it too if you want but of course that means we'll open it...)
Holding my heart-attack a bit more...of course you can open it!

Me [my heart, and my dog] will wait patiently for your decision listening to "So Close, so Far" and "Waiting".

I don't have words.....

:D
[i]"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."[/i]
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:48 pm

That's awesome! I hope this all works out.
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Sam Gamgee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sam Gamgee » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Yet another reason why Glass Hammer is the best. Not only do they write spectacular music, but they're always so good to their fans. :)

I mean, our only complaint is that they COULD perform more often... but... ;)
[color=#ff6600][i]Workings of man crying out from the fires set aflame
By his blindness to see that the warmth of his being
Is promised for his seeing, his reaching so clearly[/i][/color]

[url]http://www.ghfan.net[/url]

FredProgGH
Hammerhead
Hammerhead

Post by FredProgGH » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Awwww, thanks!! I think we'll be OK with it just being a single cd. We'll wrap it in socks or something *lol* PM me the address and we'll send it out in a couple days...

Japes
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro

Post by Japes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Sam Gamgee wrote:Yet another reason why Glass Hammer is the best. Not only do they write spectacular music, but they're always so good to their fans. :)

I mean, our only complaint is that they COULD perform more often... but... ;)
They also sell Inconsolable Playstations
Luke 6:27-31
27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:15 pm

FredProgGH wrote:Awwww, thanks!! I think we'll be OK with it just being a single cd. We'll wrap it in socks or something *lol* PM me the address and we'll send it out in a couple days...
And I don't know how to thank both you and Steve, but I will try:

Thank you, Fred and Steve! For being such good musicians, and so kind to your fans!

And it's just pretty darn good to see the other fans happy with me too...I'm way too blessed.

Check your PM inbox!

PS: Hope it will be clean socks...or clean chains!
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:17 pm

What a great story! I think many of us here in the USA take it for granted that we can buy music so easily. I complain when I have trouble tracking down music from Japanese artists, but really, I can pretty easily get music from just about any band.

Great fan dedication, that is for sure.
And now for something completly different

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:14 pm

yanks07 wrote:I complain when I have trouble tracking down music from Japanese artists
Like Black Ship from the Sadistic Mika Band...
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

yanks07
Amateur
Amateur

Post by yanks07 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Physicist wrote:
yanks07 wrote:I complain when I have trouble tracking down music from Japanese artists
No, I don't think I'll be tracking that one down anytime soon. It took me several years to finally find "Lacramaria" by Ars Nova. Try getting a Kenso DVD, and not spend a fortune. There are some DVD's of the band Gerard, but only available in Japan. A couple clips from these are on Youtube, but that is it.
And now for something completly different

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester
Amateur
Amateur

Post by TheMarsh-WiggleQuester » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:20 pm

yanks07 wrote:
Physicist wrote:
No, I don't think I'll be tracking that one down anytime soon. It took me several years to finally find "Lacramaria" by Ars Nova. Try getting a Kenso DVD, and not spend a fortune. There are some DVD's of the band Gerard, but only available in Japan. A couple clips from these are on Youtube, but that is it.
Take this as an example:

I've paid about 90 "brazilian bucks" [about the third part in dollar] for the Neal Morse Sola Scriptura & Beyond DVD...it's was a crazy thing because I got the money in one week, and spend ALL of it on the DVD! Was worth of it, but I swore to myself never to do that again....until....

I saw Lex Live for a "bargain", wich here in terras brasilis are about 60 "brazilian bucks" [the same third part in dollar]....and spend all my birthday-money-gift on it. Was worth of it too.

But all of them I bought from non-official distributors, just good stores here in Brazil, not so good to have a GH album....pitty!

And there was a collector, and a girlfriend, and a very kind awesome keyboard player, and the rest of the story...and a happy-ever-after one, you know.

:wink:
[b]C. S. Lewis[/b]

Physicist
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Physicist » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 pm

yanks07 wrote:
Physicist wrote:
You're much further up the power curve than I am... Scoring Lacramaria--Quite impressive...
"If I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it." -- Old Geologist's saw

shanocles
Amateur
Amateur

Post by shanocles » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:06 am

TheMarsh-WiggleQuester wrote:
yanks07 wrote:
Physicist wrote: Like Black Ship from the Sadistic Mika Band...
Take this as an example:

I've paid about 90 "brazilian bucks" [about the third part in dollar] for the Neal Morse Sola Scriptura & Beyond DVD...it's was a crazy thing because I got the money in one week, and spend ALL of it on the DVD! Was worth of it, but I swore to myself never to do that again....until....

I saw Lex Live for a "bargain", wich here in terras brasilis are about 60 "brazilian bucks" [the same third part in dollar]....and spend all my birthday-money-gift on it. Was worth of it too.

But all of them I bought from non-official distributors, just good stores here in Brazil, not so good to have a GH album....pitty!

And there was a collector, and a girlfriend, and a very kind awesome keyboard player, and the rest of the story...and a happy-ever-after one, you know.

:wink:
Wow. that is a cool story, i've enjoyed this thread! man you are one dedicated fan, i never thought how hard it could be for someone to get their hands on some prog - me living in southern hemisphere 'n all (postage rates etc on dvd's), but we've got it very good compared to what you've said of your country's postal system!

yeah i spent a bucketload on the sola dvd too. haven't really bought a music dvd since actually - always on the go these days to be able to sit down long enough to watch one.

and on a different thread completely... i'm pretty excited to be seeing some live prog for the first time!!! there's a local band called 'unitopia' that are going over to the U.S. to play Rosfest that will be playing in a couple of friday's time here to raise some funds to get over there, so thats pretty cool. we dont have a prog scene here obviously. but i'm sure glad this forum exists, its nice to share with like-minded folks. thanks for sharing Wiggler!